A Message from the Department Chair
Thank you for considering a degree from the Department of Applied Engineering, Safety & Technology at Millersville University. The department serves 500 students and offers undergraduate degrees in Technology & Engineering Education teacher preparation for those interested in becoming Technology & Engineering Education Teachers (K-12); Occupational Safety & Environmental Health for those seeking to become safety professionals; and Applied Engineering and Technology Management for students whose career paths take them towards applied engineering and management professions. Our Applied Engineering & Technology Management majors specialize in one of seven different technical concentration options including Advanced Manufacturing, Computer Aided Drafting/Design, Construction Technology, Nanofabrication Manufacturing, Graphic Communications/Printing, Robotics & Control Systems, and General Technology. We also offer graduate degrees in Technology Education, and are developing new degree programs in advanced studies robotics and innovation: coming soon.
So why choose us? Here are a few of my favorite reasons in no particular order:
- All of your courses will be taught by faculty! That’s right, no courses are taught by graduate assistants. Not one! Our faculty members are in the classroom teaching undergraduate courses on a regular basis, and, we like it that way!
- Lancaster County is a great place to attend school. From its scenic beauty to its small-town feel with reasonable proximity to big cities like Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington and New York there is something for everyone to like about Lancaster.
- Millersville is a bargain compared to many schools. I don’t know how many students from out of state have told me that our out-of-state tuition is similar to their in-state tuition, and that made the decision to choose Millersville an easy one. We are a bargain at home as well. Compare our tuition and room and board to other schools around the state and make your own decision.
- Our extra-curricular opportunities are exceptional. Our clubs regularly participate in professional conferences, competitions, service projects competitions, social events and more.
- We are where the jobs are! Our students are routinely employed within their respective fields upon graduation and we offer the data to prove it. Come and tour our facility and see the hundreds of business cards of our alumni that line our hallways.
Now, see yourself studying in a great place to live, with a quality faculty, in an exceptional facility, at a reasonable price, majoring in a subject that will lead to gainful employment. All of us from the Department of Applied Engineering, Safety & Technology wish you the best as you make your decision about pursuing higher education. Please feel free to contact our office if you would like additional information or to arrange a personal meeting with a degree program coordinator.
Please feel free to contact any of the people below with questions about our programs and activities.
Dr. Len Litowitz
Department Chair, Applied Engineering, Safety & Technology
Dr. Sharon Brusic
Program Coordinator, Technology Education
Dr. Mark Snyder
Program Coordinator, Applied Engineering and Technology Management
Dr. Jack Ogutu
Program Coordinator, Occupational Safety and Environmental Health
Dr. Scott Warner
Program Coordinator, Graduate Program