95% of Graduates Employed within 6 Months
Millersville’s Meteorology program is one of the best in the Northeast and our university has a 95% placement rating, within 6 months of graduation. Also, many news stations see Millersville University as the experts in weather-related emergencies and rely on Millersville’s meteorology professors for critical storm information. It’s no wonder our students go on to lead the field of meteorology all across the country.
Partial List of Meteorology Alumni
- Alyssa Cannistraci ('18) is attending graduate school at the University of Tennessee. My research will focus on hazards geography, specifically societal impacts of hurricanes and tornadoes.
- Amanda Dobrowski ('18) is employed for a 3-12 month project as a Disaster Recovery Intake Specialist in Kinston, NC for a company called IEM.
- Shelby Fuller ('18) is pursuing an MS in Atmospheric Science at
- Colin Eberwein ('18) is a graduate assistant in the M.S. in Integrated Scientific Applications program
. NatalieMidzak ('17) is attending graduate school at the University of North Dakota.
- Anthony DiNorscia ('17) is attending graduate school at the Hampton University
- Christian Boyer ('17) is a teaching assistant at Texas Tech University while pursuing his M.S. in atmospheric science.
MeganMcAuliffe ('16) is attending graduate school at University California, Davis.
- Cara Geiger ('16) is pursuing a degree in the advanced 1 year Climate Change and Society Professional Science Masters program at NC State University.
- Melinda Hatt ('16) is involved in a work and travel program in New Zealand through InterExchange; then beginning graduate school in 2017.
- Andrew Yarosh ('16) is enrolled within the Master of Science in Emergency Management (MSEM) program at Millersville University and currently a Graduate Assistant in the Center for Disaster Research & Education (CDRE).
- Melinda Hatt (’16) recently accepted a Graduate Assistantship and will be attending the University of Wyoming in fall 2017 to work under Dr. Jeff French. Melinda just returned from New Zealand where she was involved in a work and travel program through InterExchange.
- Samantha Connolly ('16) is attending graduate school on a research assistantship at East Carolina University studying Geography and Atmospheric Science.
- Evan Ntonados (’16) is enrolled in the M.S. in Integrated Scientific Applications program at Millersville University with a specialization in Weather Intelligence and Risk Management.
- David Bludis ('16) is a System Engineer with Integrity Applications Incorporated supporting the USGS Requirements Capabilities & Analysis for Earth Observations (RCA-EO) project.
- Ashley Orehek ('16) is serving a 10-month service term (through Nov 2018) with AmeriCorps NCCC-FEMA Corps working on projects pertaining to emergency preparedness, response, relief, and recovery.
- Samantha Connolly ('16) is a meteorologist with the National Weather Service in San Diego, California.
- Ben Bonner ('16) is working on his Masters in STEM Education from Shippensburg University
. RebeccaDiLuzio ('15) is working as a meteorologist for Versar.
- Tara Minni ('15) works for a firm in New Jersey as an acoustic consultant performing noise and vibration studies related to transportation and construction projects.
- Rachel Coulter ('15) is a meteorologist at KAIT in Jonesboro, Arkansas.
JuanmanuelHernandez ('15) is NOAA/NWS Meteorologist at Dallas/Fort Worth Weather Forecast Office
- Renee Duff ('15) is a meteorologist at Accu Weather in State College, PA.
- Jean Vivola ('15) is Weather Producer/Digital Editor at WGAL-TV in Lancaster, PA.
- Rosa Brothman ('15) is a Graduate Research Assistant at the University of North Dakota.
- James Fowler ('15) is a graduate research assistant for the Department of Hydrology and Atmospheric Sciences at the University of Arizona.
- Evangelos Ntonados ('15) is in graduate school at Graduate School, Millersville University (MSISA).
- Jordan McCormick ('15) is in graduate school at Texas A&M University
- James Simkins ('15) is in graduate school at University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Austin Vacek ('15) is
meteorologistat Weather Analytics in Washington D.C.
- Morgan Fletcher ('15) is in graduate school at Millersville University (MSEM)
- Charissa Mohn ('15) is in graduate school at Millersville University (MSISA)
- Conrad Burkholder ('15) is in graduate school at Millersville University (MSEM)
- Megan Nielsen ('15) is working as a meteorologist for the National Weather Service in Charleston, WV.
- Liana Christmas ('15) is in graduate school at Post-Bac in Secondary Education, Millersville University
- Jessica Myers ('15) is in graduate school at Millersville University (MSEM)
- Timothy See ('15) is in graduate school at
Universityof North Dakota
- Kaitlin Rutt ('15) is in graduate school at Texas Tech University
- Amber Hill (MSISA '15) is in graduate school at Kent State University (Ph.D. Candidate)
- Michael Charnick ('14) is a Journeyman Forecaster with the National Weather Service, Grand Junction, CO.
- Ian Eppig ('14) is Pasco County Emergency Management Coordinator II.
Stimach('14) is an Outreach and Marketing Admin Assistant for the AMS Education Program in Washington DC.
- Kaitlyn Colna ('14) is a professor at Pasco Hernando State College.
- Felicia Guarriello ('14) works for NOAA.
- Brian Ferguson ('14) works at SGT at Goddard on the
- Joseph Markiewicz ('14) works for Enroute Computer Solutions as a contractor for the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) in support of the Weather and Radar Processor (WARP) project.
- Megan Buzanowicz ('14) is pursuing her master's degree in atmospheric science at Hampton University...and she's involved in research with NASA's Aeronomy of Ice in the Mesosphere (AIM) mission and examining the effects of gravity waves on polar mesospheric clouds.
- Michelle Serino ('14) is a contract editor for American Journal.
- Josh Henry ('14) works for Raytheon company.
- Joseph Moore ('14) is a meteorologist with NWS in Duluth, MN.
- Joe Seborowski ('14) is a graduate student with Millersville's MSEM program.
- Lindsay Blank ('14) is a scientist at the Joint Numerical Testbed at the National Center for Atmospheric Research.
- Chelsea Hoffman ('14) is an environmental specialist at
NewJersey Department of Environmental Protection.
- Tyra Brown ('14) is working as a STEM Instructional Designer for the College of Online and Continuing Education at Southern New Hampshire University
. ShaneBrown ('13) is graphical meteorologist and weather producer at The Weather Channel in Atlanta, GA.
- Christopher Prebish ('13) earned a Masters of Science in Integrated Scientific Applications with a Specialization in Environmental Systems Management, and he is currently working at JRF America as a Quality Assurance Officer.
Mazzuco('13) is a graduate student at the University of Maryland.
- Pete Mullinax ('13) is an Operational Meteorologist at Planalytics, Inc in Berwyn, PA.
- Jessica Taheri ('13) is an Energy Meteorologist at California ISO.
- Felicia Guarriello ('13) is working on her Master's Degree at Texas A&M University Department of Atmospheric Sciences.
- Ann Marie Fitch ('13) is working on her Masters in Emergency Management at Millersville University.
- Eric Wendoloski ('13) is working on his Masters in Meteorology at Penn State University.
- Tim Juliano is a graduate research and teaching assistant at the University of Wyoming with a research concentration in stable boundary layer processes
. MatthewMoore ('12) is a broadcast meteorologist at WGAL-TV in Lancaster, PA.
- Joe Moore ('12) is a meteorologist for the National Weather Service Weather Forecast Office in Duluth, MN.
- Matthew King('12) works at Vaisala as a calibration technician.
- Tina Laboy ('12) is an Emergency Management Specialist with the Montgomery County Office of Emergency Management and Homeland Security in Gaithersburg, Md.
- D.J. Hoffman ('12) is a meteorologist with Accu-Weather, in State College, PA.
Rafach('12) is a meteorologist with Accu-Weather, in State College, PA.
- Travis Toth ('12) is a meteorologist with Accu-Weather, in State College, PA.
- Sigourney Stelma ('12) is pursuing a Master's Degree in Physical Ocean Science and Engineering at the University of Delaware. Working as a Pipeline System Controller for Buckeye Partners.
- Tina Laboy ('12) is a Community Outreach Coordinator at the University of Maryland Center for Health and Homeland Security in Gaithersburg, MD.
- Adam Gonsiewski ('12) works at McGladrey LLP as a Tax Associate. I am scheduled to obtain my CPA license in November of this year
. JeffMunkel ('11) is an AWIPS engineer at Raytheon, Inc.
- Phillip Falgoust ('11) is a Global Thunderstorm Systems Engineer at Vaisala.
- Erica Dolinar ('11) is a graduate student at the University of North Dakota.
- Matt Eckhoff ('11) is a graduate student at the University of North Dakota.
- Adam Jacobs ('11) is a graduate student at George Mason University.
- Mark Miller ('11) is a meteorologist for WeatherWorks in Hackettstown, NJ.
- Michael Charnick ('11) is a graduate student at Millersville University.
- Justin Gilchrist ('11) is a graduate student at
- Anthony Sagliani ('11) is a forecaster at Earth Networks.
- Joseph Bailey ('11) is an Application Management and IT Specialist II at
Universityof Virginia .
MU METEOROLOGY GRADS - PLEASE UPDATE US ON WHAT YOU ARE DOING ! NateWardle ('10) is a graduate of the Master's program in Emergency Management, and he now works as EmergencyPreparedness Public Information Officer at the Pennsylvania Department of Health.
- Ryan Stauffer ('10) is a graduate student at Penn State University.
- Stephen Baxter ('10) works at NOAA's Climate Prediction Center in College Park, MD.
- Tricia Lawston ('10) is a graduate student at the University of Delaware.
- Sam MacGraw ('10) is a Project Coordinator for The Sustainability Institute at the College of New Jersey.
- Patrick Selmer ('10) is currently working on lidar instrumentation at NASA Goddard.
- Nick Karper (10) is a graduate student at Plymouth State University.
- Erik Pindrock ('10) is working at Accu Weather, Inc.
- Alex Davies('10) is a graduate student in Physical Oceanography and Engineering at the University of Delaware.
- Heather Morgan ('10) is the Training and Exercise Coordinator for the Department of Emergency Services in Chester County.
- Adrienne Veilleux ('10) is an on-camera meteorologist at WMAR in Baltimore, MD
- Dan Johnson ('10) is the morning and noon on-air meteorologist at 47ABC News in Salisbury, Maryland.
- Phil Bergmaier ('10) is a graduate student at the University of Wyoming.
- Travis Toth ('10) is a graduate student at the University of North Dakota.
- Matt Potter ('10) is a meteorologist at WeatherWorks, LLC in Hackettstown, NJ
. AlanAuglis ('09) is an on-air meteorologist at WSLS, the NBC affiliated in Roanoke, VA.
- Kristin Ketchell ('09) is an on-air meteorologist at WNCN in Raleigh, NC.
- Kyle Dennis ('09) is an on-air meteorologist at WSAV, the NBC affiliate in Savannah, GA.
- Ed Russo ('09) is a broadcast meteorologist in Erie, PA for the WICU/WSEE stations.
- Megan Wise ('09) is an on-air Meteorologist at WDEF-TV in Chattanooga, TN.
- Rob Junod ('09) is a graduate student at
- Brittany Potter ('09) graduated from
Universityof Nebraska-Lincoln (UNL) in 2011 with M.S. in Natural Resource Sciences specializing in Hydrologic Sciences. She is currently employed by UNL as a Research Technologist level 3, with a focus on science education and outreach . .
- Jim Kurdzo ('09) earned a Ph.D. in Meteorology at the University of Oklahoma and is now a Radar Systems Scientist at MIT Lincoln Laboratory in Lexington, MA.
- Sam DeAlba ('09) is a meteorologist and Director of Forensic & Data Services at WeatherWorks LLC in Hackettstown, NJ.
- Bill Deger ('09) is a meteorologist at Accu Weather, Inc.
- Stefan Cecelski ('09) earned his Ph.D. at the University of Maryland, College Park where his thesis focused on hurricane formation. He is currently the Chief Modeling Meteorologist at Weather Analytics, based in Bethesda, Maryland.
- Brian Kerschner ('09) is a graduate student at the University of Delaware.
- Bob Carp ('09) is working at the University of Wisconsin-Madison as a satellite specialist
. ChrisValentine ('08) is an aviation forecaster and computer scientist at the Patuxent River NAS.
- Dan Van Lenten ('08) is an Environmental Trainee within the Bureau of Air Quality for the PA Department of Environmental Protection.
- Seth Clevenstine ('08) works for NOAA/NESDIS Satellite Operations Control Center.
- Matt Griffie ('08) is a Capt in the USAF working with Special Operations Weather Teams at Hurlburt Field in Florida.
- Brian Edwards ('08) is a forecaster with Accu Weather, Inc. in State College, PA.
- Daniel Eipper ('08) received his Ph.D. in Meteorology from Penn State.
- Eric Engle ('08) works at the Meteorological Development Laboratory, National Weather Service (NWS), in Silver Springs, MD.
- Brandon Fling ('08) is a Meteorologist at the National Weather Service in Key West, FL.
- Durrel Fox ('08) is in graduate school at Ohio State University.
- Shawn Gindhart ('08) is an AWIPS Engineer for Raytheon Inc.
- Kelli Hornberger ('08) is in graduate school at Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA.
- Caitlin Kelly ('08) works at WGAL-TV, Lancaster, PA.
- James Limbacher ('08) is Senior Programmer/Analyst for Science Systems and Applications, Inc. (SSAI), working at NASA Goddard.
- Matthew Matash ('08) works at Raytheon Inc.
- Jordan Pesses ('08) is in graduate school at
Universityof Georgia, Athens, GA.
- Catherine Sabol-Thomas ('08) is a doctoral student at
Universityof Maryland and a Support Scientist at NCEP/EMC/IMSG.
- Kyle Sanders ('08) works at AmeriCorps USA.
- Danielle (Turner) Nagele ('08) is Project Lead/SME for Hazard Simplification project at NWS.
- Ashley Wallace ('08) is a Huntingdon Area High School Chemistry Teacher.
- Geoffery Baum ('08) is attending the University of Delaware for a Masters in Geography.
- Brett Crowthers ('08) is Environmental Scientist for PARS Environmental in Robbinsville, New Jersey.
- Matt Griffie ('08) is a Captian in the USAF working with Special Operations Weather Teams at Hurlburt Field in Florida
. JamesP. Cipriani ('07) is in graduate school at Universityof Maryland.
- Thomas Grimme ('07) works at Raytheon Inc.
- Eric Meyers ('07) is in graduate school at the University of Illinois at Campaign-Urbana.
- Nicholas Reitz ('07) graduated with a Master's Degree in Meteorology from Naval Postgraduate School in 2013. Currently stationed at Davis-Monthan Air Force Base, Tucson, AZ as the Weather Flight Commander in charge of aviation weather support for South and Central America.
- Matthew Stepp ('07) is Executive Director, Center for Clean Energy Innovation, and Senior Policy Analyst, Information Technology and Innovation Foundation.
- Jennifer Vogt ('07) is a Meteorologists for the NWS in Jackson, KY
. DustinSheffler ('06) is a satellite analyst for the NOAA/NESDIS Satellite Analysis Branch in Camp Springs, MD. AneglaOttoson ('06) is a Navy Civilian working at the Naval/National Ice Center as an Ice Analyst.
- Kevin Quinlan ('06) is a Physical Scientist at the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
- Keith Liddick ('06) is a forecaster and computer programmer for the Satellite Analysis Branch of NESDIS in College Park, MD.
- Kira Kanitra-Nugnes ('06) is the Managing Editor/Content Specialist for the Education Program of the American Meteorological Society.
- Greg Heavener ('06) is a meteorologist for the NWS at the Philadelphia/Mt. Holly forecast office.
- Josh Newhard ('06) is an IT Project Manager at Jacobs Engineering.
- Ezra Levin ('06) is now in graduate school at Colorado State University.
- John Yorks ('06) is a civil servant at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center where I serve as the Science Lead for the CATS lidar on the International Space Station.
- Mike Williams ('06) completed his master's degree at the University of Alabama in Huntsville ('08). Will soon be attending Nova Southeastern University in Fort Lauderdale, FL for his medical degree.
- Domenic Scorzetti ('06) is a Mathematics teacher for the School District of Philadelphia at Thomas Edison High School
. AngelaRowe ('05) is a PResearchScientist, Department of Atmospheric Sciences, University of Washington.
- Cassie Behofist ('05) is a Crime Analyst at the Winchester Police Department, as well as a Contributing meteorologist for Sirius-XM Speedway, a show on the NASCAR channel on Sirius-XM radio.
- Michael Scott ('05) is a weekend meteorologist at WAPT-TV in Jackson, MS.
- Joey Sovine ('05) is an on-air meteorologist at WCBD in Charleston, SC
- Maureen Maiuri ('05) is Vice President & CFO of Manifest Creative LLC.
- Melissa Burt ('05) is the Education and Diversity Manager for the National Science Foundation Science and Technology Center for Multiscale Modeling of Atmospheric Processes (CMMAP).
- Mike Charlton ('05) is an assistant project scientist at Weston Solutions, Inc. in West Chester, PA.
- Kristin Howett ('05) works for Sverdrup Technologies as an Environmental Specialist on Aberdeen Proving Ground.
- Evan Lowery ('05) is the VP Software Development & Senior Meteorologist Weather Trends International, Inc.
- Angela Rowe ('05) is Research Scientist, Department of Atmospheric Sciences, University of Washington, Seattle, WA.
- Andrea May ('05) is a meteorologist with Baron Services located at their main office in Huntsville, AL.
- Kristin Olsen ('05) received her Master of Science degree from Masters degree from NC State University in May 2009 and got a job as an Environmental Scientist (Air Quality Modeler) with the VA Department of Environmental Quality.
- Jennifer Bunting ('05) is at AWIPS II Test EngineerWork for Raytheon in Omaha,
NE ChrisHoman ('04) is a 2nd Lt in the Air Force. He's a weather officer stationed at Shaw AFB.
- Sara Bargo ('04) is attending graduate school at the University of Wyoming.
- Kevin Berberich ('04) is working for RSIS (RS Information Systems, Inc.)as a Jr. Programmer, located in the World Weather Building in Camp Springs, MD.
- Christine Ferreira ('04) is the Weekday Morning Meteorologist at WGAL-TV in Lancaster, PA
- Dale Unruh, Jr. ('04) works at NOAA headquarters for the Hydrometeorological Designs Study Center.
- Justin Drabick ('04) is working at WMDT-TV 47 (ABC) in Salisbury, MD as the weekday morning meteorologist.
- Renee Konopka ('04) is a Hydrometeorological Data Analyst for HADS department at NOAA.
- Rich Ottoson ('04) is an AWIPS Engineer for Raytheon.
- Vince Walker ('04) is attending graduate school at
- Chris Hain ('04) is Assistant Research Scientist at the Earth System Science Interdisciplinary Center, University of Maryland, College Park and a Visiting Scientist at NOAA-NESDIS, Center for Satellite Applications and Research.
- Pat Armor ('04) is a National Weather Service AWIPS engineer, Northrop-Grumman in Silver Spring, MD.
- Wayne MacKenzie ('04) is a research associate at the University of Alabama Huntsville working on the short-term prediction of convection initiation. He is also the weekend meteorologist at WAAY-TV in Huntsville.
- Chris Jewett ('04) is attending graduate school at
Universityof Alabama Huntsville.
- Dale Unruh ('04) is working as an atmospheric scientist with the Hydrometeorological Design Study Center, which is apart of the NWS headquarters in Silver Spring, MD.
- Dennis O'Donnell ('04) is Product Manager with IBM Watson Advertising focusing on
weather based adtech.
- Angela Gaggini ('04) works for Science and Technology Corporation in Boulder as part of NOAA/ESRL/PSD
. LisaWieser-Beightol ('03) is a QA Tester-Mobile Weather Applications at AccuWeather, State College, PA.
- Matt Alonso ('03) works for MESO, Inc. in Troy, NY.
- Dan Carre' ('03) is Assistant Director of Simpson Weather Associates' Environment & Energy Division in Charlottesville, VA.
- John Feerick ('03) is a forecaster is Accu Weather, Inc. in State College, PA.
- Bill Burkey ('03) graduated with MBA from Pace University and he is also a Senior consultant at Environmental Resources Management in Houston, TX.
- Paul Hughes ('03) is attending graduate school at Florida State University.
- Adam Henry ('03) is with Roaring Spring Bottling Company.
- Emily Lunde ('03) is attending graduate school at North Carolina State University.
- Jamie Swick ('03) is a meteorologist living in Saratoga Springs, Utah
. EmilyEisenacher ('02) is Assistant Professor at Saint Louis University.
- Jonathan Beach ('02) is a Raytheon Program Engineer on the FAA STARS Program.
- Chris Laudicina ('02) is a Weather/News production associate at WUSA – TV 9 in Washington, D.C. and Assistant Producer for a weekly radio weather talk show in Baltimore, Maryland.
- Ricky Walker ('02) is the manager of Renewable Analytics at WindLogics (NextEra Energy Resources) in Juno Beach, FL overseeing separate teams responsible for wind resource assessment & wind farm design, wind/solar operational performance analytics & budget reporting, and traditional weather forecasting & energy trading strategy development/analytics.
- David Cousins ('02) is a meteorologist with the National Weather Service in Quad Cities, IA.
- Nicole Slodysko-McKee ('02) works for the IM Systems Group at NOAA/NWS/Environmental Modeling Center (EMC) as a research meteorologist/support scientist, specializing in code management, development, and documentation for the NEMS GSM.
- Nick Kosar ('02) is a Meteorologist in the Impact Weather Division of Universal Weather and Aviation in Houston, TX.
- Cory Demko ('02) is the lead meteorologist at L-3 Communications working at the Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) located in Ft. Belvoir, VA. We provide 24/7 chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear, and explosive (CBRNE) modeling support.
- Paul Lynch ('02) is a Vice President at Advertising Firm of Barry Bruce & Company, Inc. in Lancaster, PA. Freelance Meteorologist at WGAL-TV in Lancaster, PA.
- Mike Orris ('02) is working at PENNDOT's Central Office in Harrisburg.
- Jen (Benvenuto) Higgins ('02) is working as an Environmental Scientist for Pennoni Associates, Inc. in Philadelphia.
- Richard Redmond ('02) is a forecaster with NWS, Pittsburgh, PA
. MichelleTheis ('01) is working as a Software Engineer at the FAA Technical Center in Atlantic City, NJ.
- Joe Marzen ('01) earned an M.S. at FSU and now works at Northrop Grumman in Alexandria, VA.
- Wes Hyduke ('01) is an aviation meteorologist for Meteorlogix in Minneapolis, MN.
- Andrew Zimmerman ('01) has received his M.S. degree from South Dakota School of Mines and Technology.
- Eric Champlin ('01) working in the Division of Air Quality for the DEP in Harrisburg, PA
- Ling Nanthachack ('01) is an operational forecaster for Meteorlogix in Minneapolis, MN.
- Melinda (Pouss) Marks ('01) is a staff scientist at RTP Environmental Associates, Inc., in Green Brook, NJ.
- Jake Swick ('01) is a meteorologist working for Utah-based Thor Guard Weather Services.
- Jay Hanna ('01) is working as a meteorologist on the precipitation team for the Satellite Analysis Branch of NESDIS (www.ssd.noaa.gov).
- Scott Mackaro ('01) is
a NWPScientist at Vaisala - Boulder, CO
- Traci Duerr ('00) is an Air Quality Meteorological Consultant in the environmental department of Washington Group International.
- Colleen Dougherty-Kimmel ('00) is a climatologist at Accu Weather, Inc. in State College, PA.
- Chris Readinger ('00) is a snow and sea ice analyst at the National/Naval Ice Center in Suitland, MD.
- Michael Conte ('00) earned his Master of Engineering in Systems Engineering degree from Penn State Great Valley School of Graduate Professional Studies ('08) and is now a Systems Engineer for the Simulation and Training unit of Fidelity Technologies Corporation in Reading, PA.
- David Groenert ('00) is working for the National Weather Service in Boise, ID.
- Chris Compton ('00) is a meteorologist/analyst for Planalytics, Inc.
- Mark Lilly ('00) is attending graduate school at
- Deborah Stein ('00) is working in postdoctoral satellite/remote-sensing research at the KNMI (Royal Netherlands Meteorological Institute)
- Joe Bartosik ('99) is a Graphics Network Manager for WeatherBug, based in Gaithersburg, MD.
- Jeff Weinrich ('99) works on the NOAA JPSS Algorithm Management Project.
- Jason Noren ('99) is Chief, Global Operations Center Meteorological & Oceanographic (METOC) Officer US Strategic Command Offutt AFB, NE.
- Sean Webb ('99) is a Software Developer for Northrop Grumman IT contracted with the National Weather Service.
- Dave Noble ('99) is now at the Army's Cold Region Test Center at Fort Greely in Delta Junction, AK.
- David Clayton ('99) is a meteorologist for the Air Force, stationed at Davis-Monthan AFB in Tucson.
- Michael Gilchrist ('99) is attending Lancaster Bible College.
- Harlan Williams ('99) is a forecaster for Wheel 2 Wheel Racing, a weekly radio show about dirt racing and NASCAR.
- Bob Hoenisch ('99) is a forecaster and Incident Meteorologist with the NWS in Great Falls, MT
. AaronDorn ('98) is Senior Meteorologist with the NWS in Aberdeen, SD.
- Shane Snyder ('98) is a public, fire, and aviation forecaster for the National Weather Service in Reno, NV.
- Craig Bourquin ('98) continues to work at Weather Routing, Inc (WRI), where he is a senior meteorologist and Assistant Operations Manager. WRI specializes in marine forecasting for cargo ships and private yachts worldwide.
- Sam Ng ('98) is a professor at Metro State in Denver, Colorado.
- Jim Monfredi ('98) is now a meteorologist at the Carnegie Science Center in Pittsburgh.
- Bonnie Rollins-Reed ('98) works for General Dynamics as a contractor to the NPOESS (National
Polar OrbitingSatellite System) in Silver Spring, MD.
- Dave Hiatt ('98) is a Lieutenant O-3 weather officer working at Fleet Numerical Meteorology and Oceanography Center in Monterey, CA.
- Erin Diviney-Groft ('98) is working as an Operations Research Analyst for the Navy in Mechanicsburg, PA.
- Lorraine Russell ('98) is an independent contractor to Air Resource Specialists, Inc. in Fort Collins, CO. Her current project involves modeling of images in an air quality software package called WinHaze (this was developed by Air Resource) for a contract with the US Forest Service. She models the pollution (haze) effects on numerous USFS sites all over the country
. RyanDecker ('97) received his M.S. from the University of Alabama in Huntsville (MS) and is now working as an Aerospace Technologist with the Terrestrial and Planetary Environments Group at Marshall Space Flight Center in Huntsville, AL.
- Brain Hughes ('97) is a Program Manager for the Weather Unit at Unisys Corporation (UIS), in Reston VA and Malvern, PA.
- Jason Taylor ('97) is Satellite User Services Coordinator for the Satellite Products and Services Division within NOAA NESDIS.
- Randy Oehling ('97) is the Senior Meteorologist at the Carnegie Science Center in Pittsburgh. This weather center is the exclusive provider of forecasts for WPXI-TV.
- Les Still ('97) is the weekday morning & noon meteorologist at WCTI-TV in New Bern,
NC KevinCarroll ('96) received his MS ('00) from University of Maryland and now works in Information Technology developing business Windows, web and Android/iOS mobile applications for American Woodmark in Winchester, VA
- Craig Evanego ('96) is a meteorologist with the National Weather Service Forecast Office in State College, PA.
- Bob Van Dillen ('95) is the new morning on-air meteorologist for CNN's Headline News morning show: " Robin & Company". Bob possesses the AMS seal.
- Kathy (Mundhenk) Byrne ('95) works as a research assistant in the office of the New Jersey State Climatologist at Rutgers University.
- Harry Holmes ('95) is a meteorologist, also in Philadelphia, PA, and works behind the scenes at WCAU - 10, the NBC-TV affiliate there.
- Sarah (Perfater) Maxwell ('95) is a Research Meteorologist, NOAA/NWS/WPC/Hydrometeorological Testbed.
- Marc Spilde ('95) is a meteorologist with the National Weather Service, Medford, OR.
- Mike Musher ('95) is an Operational Forecaster with HPC (National Weather Service).
- Mike Wagner ('95) is teaching Earth Sciences at Heritage HS in Leesburg, VA.
- Dr. Patrick S. Market (‘94) is an associate professor of atmospheric science in the Department of Soil, Environmental & Atmospheric Sciences at the University of Missouri at Columbia. In 2010 Dr. Market was elected as President-Elect of the National Weather Association.
- Matt Milliren ('94) has moved from Pittsburgh to Philadelphia, PA, and works as a meteorologist at The Franklin Institute Science Museum.
- Mary Scarzello-Fairbanks ('94) is a meteorologist at the NWS Headquarters, the Office of Climate, Water, and Weather Services.
- Brad Miller ('94) now resides in Charleston, SC where he is a full-time meteorologist at WCSC (CBS affiliate).
- Dennis Gonguez ('94) is the Director and Chief Meteorologist with the National Meteorological Service of Belize
. WesBurgett ('93) is the operations manager of the West Texas Mesonet, an independent project collaborating with the Atmospheric Science Group and the Wind Science and Engineering Research Center at Texas Tech University. He is the 2008 recipient of the Larry R. Johnson Special Award from National Weather Association for his extraordinary contribution to operational meteorology.
- Matt Kensey ('93) is a meteorologist at PRC. E-mail
- Marge McDermott ('93) is an air-quality Meteorologist with SECOR International in Fort Collins, CO.
- Dennis Staley ('93) is a meteorologist now serving as the Chief Financial Officer at NCEP (National Weather Service).
- Mark Watson ('93) is also sans a web page and has recently moved over to PRC.
- Silume Nyambe ('93) works as a meteorologist teaching at Mulungushi University in Zambia, where he helped develop
a curriculafor a three years diploma program in Meteorology (at Zambia Air Services Training Institute) and a four-year Bachelors degree program in Climatology . JohnPersing ('92) is a research scientist for the Naval Postgraduate School.
- Tom Renkevens ('92 and MS from OU '97) is the Deputy Division Chief of the Satellite and Products and Services Division within NOAA NESDIS.
- Matt Ritter ('92) is an on-air Meteorologist for WJLA-TV ABC7 and WTOP-FM.
- Saloum Mahaman ('92) is the head of the aeronautical meteorological department at The Agency for the Safety of Air Navigation in Africa and Madagascar (ASECNA).
- Richard Redmon ('92) is a lead forecaster at the NWS office in Pittsburgh, PA
. ScottRobinson ('91) is a graduate research assistant for the Department of Meteorology at Universityof Utah.
- Michael Rowland ('91) now works at the Marine Prediction Center and maintains their web page there.
- Eric Jones ('91) works for the NWS Arkansas/Red River Forecast Center as the Development and Operations Hydrologist.
- Jon Flatley (MU '91) (M.S. meteorology PSU '95) works in the research and development department at the Meteorological Development Laboratory in Silver Spring, MD.
- Jim Keller ('91) works for the DoD/Defense Logistics Agency as an Operations Research Analyst in Richmond, VA
. MichaelBosilovich ('90) is a meteorologist at NASA GSFC, Global Modeling and Assimilation Office.
- Nicole Vanderzon ('90) works in NCEP's Central Operations in the User Support branch.
- Kevin Roth ('90) is now in Hotlanta and working for the Weather Channel.
- Paul Close ('90) is a senior meteorologist at NWS Tampa Bay.
- Ashley Chisholm ('90) is a Public Relations Executive, E. W. Bullock Associates, Pensacola, FL.
- Shane Mayor ('90) is a professor at California State University, Chico.
- Ron Barnovsky ('90) is a Senior Customer Support Representative / Meteorologist at The Weather Company, an IBM Business
. BillMarosi (B.S. MU '89) (M.S. PSU '96) is a forecaster for the Mid-Atlantic River Forecast Center (NWS) in State College, PA. \
- Ken Simosko ('89) works for the Bismarck National Weather Service Forecast Office.
- Fritz Nivose ('89) is a weather anchor for CNN International, based in CNN's world headquarters in Atlanta
. ScottJacobs ('88) is a senior software engineer for the GEMPAK meteorological software group at NCEP . DavidFitzgerald ('87) has just returned to Millersville as our METNET systems administrator. Dave returned to MU after receiving his M.S. in Atmospheric Sciences from the University of Wyoming.
- Cynthia (Eggers) Chrisman ('87) is a Senior Operations Meteorologist at the NWS Operational Support Facility (OSF) in Norman, OK. She works as part of the NEXRAD Hotline, the 24-hour, 7-day-per-week support of NEXRAD radar systems.
- Darren Wright ('87) is National Marine Program Leader - National Weather Service.
- Tim Dye ('87) is the Sr. Vice President of Meteorological Programs and Public Outreach at Sonoma Technology, Inc. in Petaluma, CA.
- Howard Schmidt ('87) is employed with the Environmental Protection Agency's Region 3 office in Philadelphia, PA as an Atmospheric Modeler in the Air Quality Analysis Branch.
- Richard Frey ('86) is a Researcher with the Cooperative Institute for Meteorological Satellite Studies Space Science and Engineering Center, University of Wisconsin - Madison.
- Craig Clapsaddle ('86) works for Air and Waste Management Association.
- Deborah Dutcher Wilson ('86) is an independent consultant (dba DW Environmental Consulting) as an air quality meteorologist in Tampa Bay, FL area.
- Mick O'Hearn ('85) is the morning on-air meteorologist at WHTM-TV (ABC) in Harrisburg, PA
. GeraldMohler ('84) is a forecaster at Accu Weather in State College, PA . JimDaniels ('81) also received M.S. Agricultural Meteorology from Purdue University (1985). Employed by the National Weather Service as an agricultural meteorologist (1985-1995) and then as an operational forecaster (1995-2015). Retired in 2015 . BrianKlein ('79) is Sr. Software Engineer at National Weather Service Headquarters, Silver Spring, MD. Obtained Master of Software Engineering at University of Maryland University College in 2007. 30+ years experience in implementing new meteorological algorithms into the operational WSR-88D Doppler weather radar network.
- Barry Walton ('79), the original weather station manager at Millersville, remains with the University as the Academic Systems Specialist in Information Technology. Email: Barry.Walton@Millersville.edu
Nancy Merckle ('77) is working as an operational meteorologist for the Satellite Services Division of NESDIS. Visit Nancy's website
- John Jensenius ('74) is the Warning Coordination Meteorologist at the National Weather Service Office in Gray, ME, and is the National Weather Service's national specialist on lightning safety. http://www.lightningsafety.noaa.gov/media/bio_jensenius.htm
Apply to Millersville Meteorology today!