Prospective Student & Transfer Info
Curriculum Guidance for Prospective and Transfer Students
Please refer to this PDF document that outlines the requirements for transfer of credits into the Meteorology Program. This document provides an excellent guide that you may want to consult when selecting courses at another college or university with the intention of transferring to Millersville University Meteorology Program.
In addition, please note the following important information regarding course requirements and sequence of offering at Millersville University.
· The first required meteorology course (ESCI 241: Introduction to Meteorology) requires a pre-requisite of Calculus I. This course is only offered in the fall of each academic year, and is ideally taken during the sophomore year.
· ESCI 241 is a pre-requisite for all other meteorology courses and has to be completed before any other meteorology course in the curriculum.
· Once ESCI 241 is completed, the following required course sequences have to be completed for degree completion:
- Atmospheric Dynamics I (ESCI 342) Offered only every fall. ESCI 342 requires the successful completion of ESCI 241.
- Atmospheric Dynamics II (ESCI 343) Offered only every spring. ESCI 343 requires the successful completion of ESCI 342.
- Synoptic Meteorology (ESCI 441) Offered only every fall. ESCI 441 requires the successful completion of ESCI 342 and 343.
- Meso & Storm Scale Meteorology (ESCI 444). Offered only every spring. ESCI 444 requires the successful completion of ESCI 441.
Unless a student transfers in with credit for a course that meets the ESCI 241 requirement (calculus-based and with a laboratory component) and has already completed Calculus II, it will likely take three years after transferring to complete the B.S. Meteorology degree.