Prospective Student & Transfer Info
Curriculum Guidance for Prospective and Transfer Students
Please refer to this PDF document that outlines the requirements for transfer of credits into the Meteorology Program. This document provides an excellent guide that you may want to consult when selecting courses at another college or university with the intention of transferring to Millersville University's Meteorology Program.
In addition, please note the following important information regarding course requirements and sequence of offering at Millersville University.
· Introduction to Meteorology (ESCI 241) requires a co-requisite of Calculus I and is a pre-requisite for all other meteorology courses. This course is only offered in the fall of each academic year and is ideally taken during a student's sophomore year.
· Once ESCI 241 is completed, the following required course sequences must be completed for degree completion:
- Atmospheric Dynamics I (ESCI 342) is offered each fall. ESCI 342 requires the successful completion of ESCI 241.
- Atmospheric Dynamics II (ESCI 343) is offered each spring. ESCI 343 requires the successful completion of ESCI 342.
- Synoptic Meteorology (ESCI 441) is offered each fall. ESCI 441 requires the successful completion of ESCI 342 and 343.
- Mesoscale Meteorology (ESCI 444) is offered each spring. ESCI 444 requires the successful completion of ESCI 441.
Unless a student transfers credits from a course that meets the ESCI 241 requirement (calculus-based and with a laboratory component) and has already completed Calculus II, it will likely take three years after transferring to complete the B.S. Meteorology degree.