Office: 322 McComsey
Phone: (717) 871-7191
M: 1:00 - 2:00; 3:00-5:00
T: 1:20 - 2:20
R: 1:20 - 2:20
Comments: Online by appointment (email for appointment)
- HIST 101: Europe and the World, 1350-1789
- HIST 283: Colonial Latin America to 1825
- HIST 284: Modern Latin America , 1826-present
- HIST 401: Cultural Interactions in the Atlantic World, 1450-1820
- Bermuda , Latin American and Caribbean History, Afro-Atlantic Diaspora history, Atlantic World slavery and slave trade
- Associate Editor: Bermuda Journal of Archaeology and Maritime History
- Atlantic World Research at Millersville University
- "Race and Servitude: the birth of a social and political order in Bermuda, 1616-1669", Bermuda Journal of Archaeology and Maritime History, vol.11 (1999).
- "‘The Horrid Villany': Sarah Bassett and the Poisoning Conspiracies in Bermuda, 1727-1730," Slavery and Abolition, Vol. 21, no. 3 (December 2000)
- Review: "Servitude at Sea" A Review of Virginia Bernhard, Slaves and slaveholders in Bermuda, 1616-1782, for The Bermudian (May 2000)
- Review: Virginia Bernhard's Slaves and Slaveholders in Bermuda, 1616-1782, for Slavery and Abolition, Vol 21, no.3 (December 2000)
- "‘The Horrid Villany': Sarah Bassett and the Poisoning Conspiracies in Bermuda, 1727-1730," Bermuda Journal of Archaeology and Maritime History, vol. 12 (2001) [reprint]
- with Clifford Smith, Jr., "A Bermuda Smuggling-Slave Trade: The ‘Manilla Wreck' Opens Pandora's Box, Slavery and Abolition, Vol. 23, no. 1 (April 2002)
- Review: Michael Craton and Gail Saunders Islanders in the Stream: A history of the Bahamian People. Vol. II. From the Ending of Slavery to the Twenty-First Century, in New West Indian Guide, vol. 26, no. 1&2 (2002)
- with Clifford Smith, Jr., "A Bermuda Smuggling-Slave Trade: The ‘Manilla Wreck' Opens Pandora's Box," in Bermuda Journal of Archaeology and Maritime History, vol. 13 (2002) [reprint]
- Preface to James Wahl, Planting the Banner of Christ on the Isle of Devils: a history of the Roman Catholic Church in Bermuda.
- With Alyson Brown, "‘As a receptacle of our Worst Convicts': Bermuda, the Chatham Prison Riots and the Transportation of Violence," Journal of Caribbean History, vol. 37:2 (2003)
- "Enslaved Merchants, Enslaved Merchant Mariners, and the Bermuda Conspiracy of 1761," Early American Studies, Vol.7, No. 1 (Spring 2009), pp. 140-178.