Start a Versatile and Exciting Career With a Degree in Sports Management
Millersville University’s B.S. in sport administration degree program prepares you with a strong business background to enter the complex sports industry. From marketing and event planning to finance and operations, sport administrators play a vital role in the success of sports organizations at all levels.
There are many reasons to earn a degree in sports administration. Here are a few of the most compelling:
- Passion: If you love sports, a degree in sports administration can allow you to turn your passion into a career. You can work for a professional sports team, a college athletic department or a sports marketing agency. You can also work in the recreation and fitness industry or for a sports equipment manufacturer.
- Versatility: A sports administration major can prepare you for a variety of roles within the sports industry. You can work in marketing, event planning, finance, operations, human resources or law.
- Develop transferable skills: The skills you learn with a sports administration major are valuable in many industries. You will learn how to manage projects, budgets and people. You will also develop strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Make a difference: Sports can play a positive role in society, and sports administration majors can help to make that happen. For example, you can work to promote physical fitness and healthy living. You could also work to create inclusive sports programs that are accessible to everyone.
- Enjoy a rewarding career: Working in the sports industry can be a lot of fun. With a degree in sports administration, you will have the opportunity to travel to different places and meet new people. You will also be able to witness some of the most exciting sporting events in the world.
Studying sport administration can also be a rewarding and enriching experience. You will learn about the history and business of sports and the ethical and social implications of sports. You will also have the opportunity to network with other sports professionals and gain valuable hands-on experience through internships and practicums.
If you are passionate about sports and have a strong business acumen, a degree in sports administration may be the right choice for you. It can open a world of opportunities in a growing and exciting industry.
Why Study Sport Administration at Millersville?
Prepare to participate in a sport-related industry or organization through the knowledge and skills developed in our sport administration degree program. This sports administration major equips students to interact with sport industries and various business departments within sport organizations.
Millersville University is located in a dense region for the sport industry, which opens up numerous opportunities for hands-on experience. The region contains intercollegiate sport conference offices, NCAA Division I, II, and III institutions, and professional sport teams and minor league affiliations, in addition to numerous other sports business and sports-marketing-related facilities.
Our degree in sports administration has four options for students to choose from based on their career goals: sport business, sport coaching, marketing minor or management minor.
“The professors in the sport administration program helped me understand the on- and off-the-field responsibilities as a coach. They also guided me on how to support the mental health of student-athletes.”- Collin | B.S. in Sport Administration, Class of ’20
What Will You Learn in Our Sport Administration Degree Program?
You’ll graduate from our sport administration degree program with a well-rounded education that focuses on the complexities of the sports industry and gives you the practical tools you need to succeed — on the field or off.
You can expect to take courses on everything from sport science to marketing, management, finance and more to prepare you for jobs in sports administration. More importantly, you’ll learn from the pros themselves. Our faculty are well-versed in their areas of expertise and stay active in the industry, so you know you’re getting a cutting-edge education from the industry’s experts.
Jobs in Sports Administration
The sports industry is growing rapidly, and there is a high demand for qualified sports administration professionals. There are also a variety of paths you can take with a sports administration major. Specific jobs in sports administration include:
- Community relations
- Event management
- Marketing manager
Working in the sports industry also offers lucrative salaries, ranging from $52,560 for event managers to $138,730 for marketing managers.
Our students are especially successful in job searches: 83.3 percent of our sport administration graduates report attaining employment in their fields within six months of graduation.
Sport Administration Clubs and Organizations
Find friends and build your professional network in our sport administration clubs and organizations like:
- CHAARG - Changing Health, Attitudes, and Actions to Recreate Girls
- Club Sports
- Ville Sports Officials Association Club
- Related Programs