In-Person and Virtual Success Coaching Meetings Are Available
Students can meet with a success coach regularly (once a week, once every two weeks, once a month) or set meetings based on specific need. Success coaches may assist students with:
- Study Skills and Strategies
- Learning Styles
- Time Management
- Goal Setting
- Finals Preparation
- Note Taking
- Reading and Active Reading Strategies
- Stress, Anxiety and Test Strategies
- Adjustment to University Life
- Campus resources and connections
Questions About Coaching
How do I arrange a coaching appointment?
To schedule an appointment with a coach, you can call 717-871-5333 or email email@example.com.
Email Instructions: Please list your name, MU number, major and what you would like to discuss during your coaching appointment.
How will success coaching help me?
Coaches are trained to listen, observe, and customize their approach to your individual needs. They seek to generate solutions and strategies from you and then provide support to enhance the skills, resources, and creativity that you already possess.
The aim is to heighten personal awareness to achieve academic success and anchor the awareness with new strategies, a supportive relationship and personal accountability.
What is it like to meet with a success coach?
The first meeting with a success coach will last approximately an hour. After the initial meeting, the length and frequency will depend on you and your goals. We suggest that you meet with a coach:
- During the beginning of the semester- create goals and devise strategies for the semester
- Mid- semester meeting- speak with a coach about what is going well and what may need to change
- End of the semester- go over your remaining work and priorities to finish out the semester strong
Those are when we suggest you meet with success coach, but you can meet with a success coach at any point in the semester. You can meet with a success coach when you are:
- Struggling in a course
- Struggling with campus life
- Overwhelmed and more
How can faculty utilize success coaches?
Faculty members can refer students to see a success coach on Starfish. If you think a student in your course will benefit from meeting with a success coach, you can utilize the referral option on Starfish. For example: If a student is struggling on tests, not completing the assignments, sporadic attendance etc.