B.S.E. Secondary Education
EDFN is the education home to secondary BSE majors. We believe strongly that teachers must both know the subjects they teach and how to teach them to students. Because of this belief we value our partnership with liberal arts departments in providing courses, field experiences, and co-advisement for undergraduate secondary education students.
Co-Advisors for Secondary Education Majors
All students have a “co-advisor” within the Department of Educational Foundations. These co-advisors are assigned according the major subject area. Please see the list of advisors and phone numbers below:
English/Foreign Language Majors
- Dr. Timothy Mahoney - Stayer 425 (871-7202)
Social Studies Majors
- Dr. Sarah Brooks - Stayer 422 (871-4872)
- Dr. Nanette Dietrich - Stayer 423 (872-3827)
Post-Bac Certification and F&M Students
- Dr. John Ward - Stayer 405 (872-3835)
- What are the APS requirements?
- What should I do if I don't meet APS requirements?
- What clearances do I need for my education courses?
- What should I do if I think that I have violations recorded on my background clearances?
- Where can I get info about the Foundations block?
- Where can I get info about Professional Block?