Online STEM Endorsement Program
Explore your passion for integrating science, technology, engineering and math across the curriculum with Millersville’s STEM Endorsement Program!
Interested in teaching STEM courses/content at your school? The STEM program endorsement is intended to improve a teacher's skills in dealing with complex classroom settings. The STEM endorsement is designed to provide additional knowledge and promote skills related to more integrative ways to deliver content in these areas. While the endorsement does not lead to state licensure, it may be added to an existing Level I or Level II Certificate. Millersville’s STEM endorsement courses can also be applied to the Assessment, Curriculum and Teaching Masters in Education Program with the addition of five more courses.
STEM education creates opportunities to integrate student-centered learning approaches to improve the quality of K-12 education and interaction with the larger community. This program incorporates active project-based learning, where you will develop and use skills in analysis, problem solving and critical thinking.
- 12-Credit, four-course Program
- Adds a STEM endorsement to an existing PA teaching license
- Can be completed 100% online
- All 12 credits count towards Millersville’s M.Ed. program in Assessment, Curriculum and Teaching
- Affordable tuition rates
- Credits meet ACT 48 requirements
- Interdisciplinary faculty from three departments
Who this program is for:
- Teachers who hold an initial teaching certification in any discipline K-12
(*This program will NOT lead to an initial teaching certification)
- Teachers in STEM subjects: science, technology, engineering and mathematics
- Teachers in non-STEM disciplines who are interested in embracing the ideas associated with STEM education
This program builds upon our existing high-quality science, technology, engineering and math education courses taught by Millersville University’s faculty experts.
4 Courses (12 credits)
- ACTE 651: Science Curriculum and Reform (Winter 2024)
- TECHNOLOGY -
- ACTE 625: Technology and Assessment for Learning (Fall 2023, Spring 2024)
- ENGINEERING – (Choose 1)
- ACTE 655: Integrative STEM Education (Fall 2023, Spring 2024)
- EDTE 604: Engineering Principles and Concepts for the Non-Engineer (Spring 2024)
- MATH – (Choose 1)
- EDUC 651: Mathematics in the School Program (Winter 2024)
- MATH 610: Problem Solving