Non-Degree Graduate Application Process

If you possess a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution, it is possible to pursue enrollment in graduate and undergraduate level courses on a non-degree basis, in one of the following categories:

  • Graduate Credit - A student earning graduate credits to apply toward a master's degree, certification, or certificate program.
  • Permanent Certification - A currently certified educator earning credits toward requirements for permanent teacher certification (Instructional II).
  • Transient - A student earning credits for transfer to another institution.
  • Professional Development - A student earning graduate and/or undergraduate credits for self-improvement and professional development.
  • Educator Workshops - A student earning credits through educator source workshops (EDW). These workshops may not be included in a master's degree program at Millersville University.  Please click here for instructions on admission/registration to Educator Workshops (EDW).

Online Application

Non-degree applicants should complete an online application using the button below.

Apply Now Non-Degree

Please Note

It is important to understand that enrollment as a non-degree student does NOT include admission to a degree,  certification, or certificate program. While success as a non-degree student does not guarantee admission into a graduate degree, certification, or certificate program, it is another piece of evidence that an applicant could use in their graduate application package.

Non-degree students may apply for admission to a master's degree or a graduate level certification/certificate program after having accumulated graduate credits; however, no more than 9 credits as a non-degree student may be transferred to a degree or certification/certificate program, subject to departmental approval.

Non-degree students are permitted to register for graduate courses if seats are available and if the course is not restricted by the department. Non-degree students are also encouraged to seek the academic guidance of the graduate coordinator in their intended discipline before enrolling in courses.

**Students submitting a non-degree application to enroll in foreign language courses must also submit unofficial ACTFL OPI scores of at least advanced low. Students will not be permitted to enroll in coursework until test scores have been received by our office.  A registration hold will be placed on the student's account until test scores are received.

If you need further information about beginning as a non-degree student, please don't hesitate to call the College of Graduate Studies and Adult Learning at 717-871-4723.