Transfer Student Resources

Transfer Resources

Millersville University wants to ensure transfer students transition easily to their new home. While transfer students may have experience at least at one other institution, each college is different and it will take some time to acclimate to MU. Our aim is that these pages will provide you with valuable information to make your transition to MU easier.

Please feel free to explore the Transfer Resources topics to the right for different information and connections on campus.

If you have questions anytime throughout the transfer process please feel free to reach out to us at 

800 MU ADMIT (800-682-3648)

Technology / Student Portals

Millersville University students access their MyVille portal to check their email and get important news. Students are strongly encouraged to check their email often, at least once a day. MAX is the Banner portal that allows students to add/drop classes, see official grades, pay bills online, check the progress of degrees audit and view your class schedule. Desire2Learn (D2L) is the online learning management software utilized at Millersville University. Students experiencing difficulty can contact the Help Desk.

Millersville is a wireless University allowing students to bring their own laptops, tablets, and other mobile devices. There are also numerous computer labs available for student use. 

MU Logins

Information Technology Help Desk

Credit Evaluation / Degree Audit 

Transcripts of previous college level coursework are evaluated for equivalency. Courses in which a grade of C- or better was earned are eligible for transfer from accredited institutions. The courses will plug in to your degree audit, which is accessible in MAX. Students considering major or minor changes can run "What-if" reports to see how previous coursework will apply in the new major or minor. If you have questions regarding your evaluated credits, you may contact Danielle Rapp, Assistant Director of Transfer Admissions, or Academic Advisement for general help.

Undergraduate Transfer Credit Evaluation:

Contact for Questions:

Danielle Rapp

Assistant Director of Transfer Admissions

Advisement / Choosing Classes

Currently, transfer students are allowed to register along with current students or as soon after being admitted. However, transfer students are strongly encouraged to consult with their Department Chair/Transfer Contact from their major department regarding which classes to register. Students will be assigned an academic advisor closer to their start date.  Students may consult with a general advisor in Academic & Student Development (717-871-5333) until their advisor is assigned.

During early registration, registration “appointments” (times when your able to begin registering) are based on the number of credits earned (and in our system) and the first initial of your last name.  Click here for class schedules and the Registration Appointment Schedule. The earlier students register for classes the better chance they have of being able to choose the classes they need. 

Students who have not taken college level math classes prior to transferring (developmental math classes do not transfer) will need to take the Math Placement Exam. Education students will need to take the Basic Skills Math Test. For more information about the Placement Test contact the Math Department

Entering transfer students do not need a Term Advisement Pin (TAP) their first time registering at Millersville. However, these students are required to obtain a TAP from their assigned advisor in subsequent semesters. Transfer students are strongly advised to consult with their Department Chair/Contact Person in order to ensure they are taking the appropriate classes for their time at Millersville. Students should also be aware if any courses haven't yet transferred in and verify this when speaking to your department chair about advisement so you do not register for a course you may still be bringing in. 

Academic and Student Development (General Advisement):

Transfer Advisement Department Contacts: Please Click Here.

TransferMation Days / Marauder Arrival Program (MAP)

Each university and college has its own resources, policies, and culture. Attending a TransferMation Day (transfer orientation) is essential to understanding your new community and succeeding at MU. Even if you completed an orientation program at your previous institution, it is required to complete Millersville’s Orientation program as well so you can learn what we have to offer. Visit the link below for more information and a schedule of orientation.

Office of Transition Programs

Upcoming Orientation Information

Student ID

All Millersville University students must have a Student ID Card. Keep your ID card with you at all times. You'll need it to use the facilities and services at most locations on campus. Incoming transfer students can upload their photo online through the Photo Submission Help link. This is the preferred method. ID photos can also be taken in the ID Office, located in the Boyer Building.

Campus ID Office


Parking permits are required for all vehicles on campus Monday through Friday from 7a.m. to 4p.m. Parking permits can be applied for and purchased through your MAX account. Log in to your MAX account, under the student services tab you will find the online permit portal. This is the only way you can apply for a parking permit. Afterwards, stop by the parking office (Lebanon House) to pick up your parking permit. You must have your Millersville ID card in order to pick up your parking permit.

Campus Police/Parking Division:


Students are able to shop for their textbooks either through the University Bookstore or online at various textbook providers (i.e. Amazon, Chegg, etc.). Students can find out which book their classes require, including the ISBN, online through the link below.

Please note, financial aid is not accepted in the Bookstore.

Housing / Dining

Living on campus is a great way to immerse yourself in the Millersville community. Transfer students often chose to live on campus, at least for their first semester or year at MU, to become familiar with the community, with off campus living options, and to meet prospective roommates. If you applied as an on-campus student, once you've paid your deposit you can complete your housing application.  

Students interested in living off-campus may locate housing:

1. In My'Ville there is a student message board where students advertise classified information including housing. Students should login to My'Ville, choose "other" from the navigation bar, and then classifieds. 

2. Student Lodging, Inc. operates two off campus complexes as well as other some other local properties. 

3. There are many local properties that post For Rent signs outside as the semesters change.

Various meal plan options are available for students who live on campus or off campus at the University’s dining facilities. Students can also make purchases using cash or credit at all locations. Visit the link below for more information.




MU Alert

MU | Alert is a state of the art communication system called RSAN that notifies you about emergencies (including weather related events) via text message on your cell phone or to your email account. Register for MU | Alert.