Student Resources

Student Resources

Transfer Support Resources

Transferring is not a static event. Transfer students need ongoing resources and support as they transition to MU. To address this, we have general advisement help for students to navigate the transfer process. Questions about services, classes, transcripts, etc. can all be addressed and funneled through Academic Advisement & Student Development - McNairy Library (871-5333).


A large population of transfer students are also commuters. Students who commute are encouraged to get fully involved in the campus community by attending events, staying on campus in between classes, and taking advantage of all the University offers. There are two areas identified for commuter students as lounge areas to be used in between classes or activities – Philadelphia House and Club de’Ville. Philadelphia House is located on W. Frederick Street across from the Boyer Building parking lot. This house offers an environment for commuters to relax and do work. There is a full kitchen, locker room, public gathering space as well as quiet rooms on the second floor to study. The hours are 8 a.m. – 10 p.m. In addition, in the Student Memorial Center Club de’Ville is considered a commuter lounge during the day. Located on the ground floor the lounge includes gathering space and computers. At night you’ll find plenty of student activity events taking place.

Millersville University also has a Commuting Students Association, an organization designed to serve all commuting students on campus. Learn more about their meetings and events.

Military Students and Veterans

Many transfer students come to Millersville after spending time in the military. They bring an abundance of experience as well as special needs and concerns. Millersville has dedicated people trained to provide the best information to our active duty and military veterans. A Student Veteran’s Association provides a place and organization for students and veterans to receive support and assistance in attending and successfully graduating from college. They also intend to provide leadership both on campus and to the community by organizing and being involved in civic projects and programs. It is further their intent to utilize the skills that military student have learned about how to adjust to changes in life and then pass that along to incoming and current students having a difficult time adjusting to college life. The student veteran's organization will also be a source of support for families of soldiers who are currently or preparing for deployments related to military service. The organization is free to join. For more information on the Student Veteran's Association, see their webpage. The Student Veteran’s Association has a dedicated house – a place for veterans to share past experiences in service with other veterans, host meetings, and a quiet study place. Mercer House is located on 28 West Cottage Avenue.

Military and Veterans Affairs:

International Students

Millersville welcomes students from other countries studying here for a semester, a year, or longer. International students receive support from the office of Global Education. Their mission is to ensure an enriching and successful stay by providing consistently professional support and counseling.

Global Education:

Counseling & Health Services

Students are provided free personal and academic counseling through one-on-one and group/support counseling sessions as well as crisis intervention. Appointments can be made by contacting the Counseling Center at (717) 871-7821. If no one is available to take your call, please feel free to leave your name, telephone number and a brief message. We will return your call as soon as possible. The Counseling Center is committed to seeing students as quickly as possible.

Center for Counseling & Human Development

Health Services seeks to promote health and wellness among students through education, diagnostic and treatment programs. A wide range of patient services are available, including medical exams, screening tests, treatment of acute and chronic illnesses, and injuries. Referrals to other medical personnel and services may be done as necessary. Health Services is staffed by a licensed and board-certified family physician, nurse practitioners and registered nurses. The facility is well equipped for routine outpatient care and limited short-stay care for students who require more medical attention but not hospitalization.

Health Services

University Police

The University Police Department provides 24 hour coverage year round with a full staff of state-commissioned sworn police officers. If you are experiencing an emergency call 911 from any phone. There are 29 blue light emergency phones on and around campus for student safety.

University Police
Emergency: 911
Non-Emergency: (717) 871-4357