Office: Hash 162
Phone: (717) 871-7298
- Ph.D. American Studies, Michigan State University
- M.A. Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages, Michigan State University
- M.A. Philosophy, Michigan State University
- B.A. Interdisciplinary Humanities, Michigan State University
- 20th and 21st Century American Literature and Culture
- Gender and Sexuality Studies
- Cultural Studies and Critical Theory
- Writing Studies
Passions and Distractions:
- The Performing Arts
- Animals, wild and domesticated alike
- Plants (especially trees, especially evergreens; ferns and moss)
- Comparative Spiritualities
- English Composition
- First Year Inquiry Seminar: Who Am I?
- The Profession of English Studies
- Modern American Drama
- Contemporary American Literature
- Introduction to Literature
- Later American Literature
- The American Renaissance
- Technical Writing
- Tennessee Williams
- "Paradoxes along the Beat Journey in Kerouac's On the Road" in: American Road Literature (Critical Insights), edited by Ron Primeau. Boston: Salem Press, 2013.
- "Michael Cunningham's Introspective and Teacherly Narrators in A Home at the End of the World." MidAmerica XXXVII. East Lansing: The Midwestern Press, 2010.
- "Intimate Fellows: Utopia and Chaos in the Early Post-Stonewall Gay Liberation Manifestos." Anarchism and Utopianism (Laurence Davis and Ruth Kinna, eds.). Manchester: Manchester University Press, 2010.