Office: Chryst 201
Phone: (717) 871-7399
- Ph.D. in English with specialization in Rhetoric and Composition, Kent State University, May 2003
- M.A. in English Language and Literature, The College of New Jersey, 1992
- B.A. in English, The College of New Jersey, 1992
- Public and Civic Discourse
- Civic Engagement
- Academic, Workplace, and Community Literacy
- Grounded Theory
- Discourse Analysis and Critical Discourse Analysis
- Rhetorical Theory
- Composition Theory
- Civic & Community Engagement and Research Project (CCERP)
- American Democracy Project
- Writing Studies Committee
- Curriculum Committee
Community & Club Connections
- Millersville University's "Day of Caring"
- Order of the Swans: Harry Potter Alliance Club
- Water Street Ministries
Passions & Distractions
- Reading: Historical Fiction, Creative Nonfiction, Nonfiction, Academic Scholarship on Empathy, Civic Engagement, and Public Discourse
- Writing: Poetry, Fiction, Academic Scholarship on Citizen Engagement, Civic Discourse, Empathy & Civic Engagement
- Swimming, Running, Biking, Disc-golfing
- My kids and my cats
- English 672: Graduate Seminar in Rhetoric and Composition
- English 675, Community Writing
- English 342, Reading & Writing for Civic Change
- English 316: Business Writing (online and face-to-face)
- English 311: Advanced Composition
- English 110: English Composition
- University 103, University Seminar
- Women Studies 491, Special Topics in Women's Studies: Creativity, Innovation, and Engagement
- "Citizens on the Sideline: Using CDA as Method and Praxis to Involve Citizens and Negotiate Changes in City Council Meetings." Discourse Studies in Diverse Settings. Multilingual Matters Series. Ed. L. Grujicic-Alatriste. (Summer 2014).
- "Power and Access in the Public Hearings of City Council Meetings." Discourse & Society. 24(4). July, 2013.
- "Citizen (In) Action: The Limits of Civic Discourse in City Council Meetings." Critical Discourse Studies. 10 (1). January, 2013.
- "A Grounded Theory Approach to Studying Writing and Literacy." Practicing Research in Writing Studies. Eds. K. Powell & P. Takayoshi. Hampton Press (Co-authored with Chrstina Haas). July, 2012.
- "Preparing Students for Active and Informed Civic Discourse." TETYC. National Council of Teachers of English, Sept. 2010.