Online Tutoring in Zoom
General Guidelines for Zoom Tutoring
- A tutor will work with you on your paper in Zoom for 30 minutes. We can usually get through 3-5 pages in this time.
- In addition, we can help you in these Zoom session with any step in the writing process from brainstorming to outlining, to editing and revision.
- Think of a Zoom session with a tutor as the next best thing to sitting down with a tutor in the physical Writing Center in McNairy Library.
Directions for Setting Up a Zoom Tutoring Session
- Email* email@example.com to schedule a time for your session. Please plan to schedule your appointment in advance.
- We are available for Zoom tutoring Monday-Thursday 1pm-9pm and Sunday 6pm-9pm. Appointments last 30 minutes.
- Once your appointment time is confirmed, you will receive an email with a link to tutoring. At your scheduled time, open the link and follow prompts to join the session.
- Make sure you have a working microphone and have your paper open.
- Tutors will direct you to project your paper on the screen.
- During tutoring, we will work together with you to offer suggestions on how to improve your paper.
*In the email you send in step #1 above include the following information (Feel free to copy this into your email):
Name (First and Last):
What in particular would you like to work on in the Zoom tutoring session?: