As cyber-related threats continue to rapidly grow and evolve, cybersecurity is a must-have for many organizations. Cybersecurity analysts are essentially digital detectives. They investigate potential and ongoing threats, assess the situation to find the best solution, and protect networks, devices, people, and data. Cybersecurity analysts use analytical and technical skills to crack cybersecurity puzzles, but also rely on creative thinking to address new threats in unique ways. With so much riding on the safety of organizations' data, cybersecurity analysts play a critical role and are in high demand.
Why Study This Program?
This program provides the skills you need for an entry-level job in cybersecurity. You'll use industry standard tools like Python, Linux, SQL, Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) tools, and Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS).
What Will You Learn?
- Programming for cybersecurity tasks
- Frameworks and controls that inform security operations
- Using security information and event management (SIEM) tools for cybersecurity
- Detecting and responding to incidents using an intrusion detection system
- Performing packet capture and analysis
- Cybersecurity Analyst
- Security Analyst
- Security Operations Center (SOC) Analyst
- Information Security Analyst
- IT Security Analyst
- Cyber Defense Analyst
CLUBS AND ORGANIZATIONS
- Delta Mu Delta
- Society for the Advancement of Management (SAM)
- Student Business Association (SBA)
- Related Programs