Interactive and Graphic Design - Online Degree Completion Program
The Bachelor of Design (B.Des.) Interactive and Graphic Design online program is a cutting-edge degree that offers both breadth and depth of study in the field of design. Millersville University is the only PASSHE school to offer the B.Des. degree.
Why Study this Program?
This program was created to keep students on the cusp of this constantly changing and exciting discipline. It ensures that students are able to keep up with the current trends and technological demands in the design industry.
- Flexible – 100% online courses.
- Classes starting every fall and spring.
- Courses offered year-round to complete your degree faster.
- Flexibility to work while earning your degree.
- Content based on contemporary professional practices.
- Modern approach to theory and technology.
- Mimics the workplace environment of design.
What Will You Learn?
The interactive and graphic design major enables you to develop technical and creative skill sets based on recommended standards from both the American Institute of Graphic Artists (AIGA) and the National Association of Schools of Art & Design (NASAD).
The B.Des. program at Millersville provides students with opportunities to learn best practices and design with new technology. By keeping current with technological demands placed on the discipline, graduates can work in different environments that contribute to local, regional and global economic vitality.
Human beings are visual by nature, and employers rely on visual cues to propel business. The B.Des. online degree positions you to help your employer stand above the crowd and be recognized as a leader. Students utilize skills gained in this program to deliver leading-edge outcomes to employers seeking interactive and graphic design expertise.
Career opportunities exist in many different environments:
- Design Professionals design schematics or layouts for structures, machines, equipment, landscape or physical settings that take into consideration safety, functionality and usability.
- Graphic Designers focus on the best combination of images, words and other graphic forms to communicate a message and capture the attention of buyers.
- User Experience (UX) Designers evaluate and improve how end users interact with apps, websites, interface or programs.
- Web Designers use their creative and technical skills to create, update, maintain, organize, optimize, code and design features to ensure a company website is appealing, well-designed and easy to use.
Potential careers with a degree in Interactive and Graphic Design:
- Digital Publication Design
- Graphic Designer
- Interactive Design
- Interaction Design
- Motion Designer
- Production Designer
- Publication Designer
- User Experience Professional
- Web Designer
- Business Administration, Online Degree Completion Program
- Marketing Certificate - Online
- Marketing - Online Degree Completion Program
- Social Work (BASW) - Online Degree Completion Program
- Writing Studies - Online Degree Completion Program
Additional on-campus offerings are available related to this program.