Special Education Department
Preparing tomorrow's teachers to meet the needs of today's diverse learners.
Prepare special educators to be collaborative professionals capable to facilitate inclusive PK-12 communities that encourage all students to achieve success through the realization of individual strengths.
- Special Education Teacher
- Special Education Advocate
- Special Education Consultant
- Establish a foundation for focused Masters studies in related areas
- Early Childhood Education Teacher
- Secondary Education Teacher
Clubs and Organizations
- Best Buddies
- Council for Exceptional Children (CEC)
Assistive Technology Lab
The Assistive Technology Lab is located at Stayer Hall in room 117. It offers over 50 different assistive technology devices and is available for Millersville University students, staff, and faculty.
Assistive technology is any item that is used to increase, maintain, or improve the functional capabilities of persons with disabilities.
Our lab offers devices such as the Live Scribe Pen, Color Teller, Personal Wireless FM Listening System, GoTalk 20+, and many more. The Live Scribe Pen can capture everything you hear and write at the same time. The special digital paper can replay the recordings and sync everything that was said to a smartphone or computer. With just the touch of a button, the color teller identifies the color of just about anything you touch to it. The microphone of the Personal Wireless FM Listening System can be worn by the teacher and the transmitter broadcasts the sounds over an FM radio signal. GoTalks help to initiate conversations, aid in daily activities, practice speaking and articulation, give instructions, and more.
Come visit us in the lab to explore these and more devices!
- Our Mission
- The Nonprofit Resource Network enhances the effectiveness, efficiency and financial stability of community benefit organizations.
- Our Focus
- The Nonprofit Resource Network seeks to educate, connect, and support community benefit organizations in South Central PA.
- Our Mission