Fall Return To Campus
We are ready to welcome you back to campus this fall
Millersville University is gearing up for a full return to campus this fall, including:
- A return to normal distribution of face to face and online classes.
- Full capacity in our residence halls.
- Most employees returning to work on campus.
- On campus University events, lectures and student organization activities.
- Intercollegiate athletics in compliance with NCAA and PSAC guidelines.
The health and safety of our University community remains our top priority. The return to campus life will include:
- An emphasis on vaccination for eligible and able adults.
- Adherence to CDC, PA-DOH and PASSHE health and safety guidelines.
While we continue planning for the fall in earnest, summer classes and activities are already in full swing.
The following mitigation measures will be effective as of June 1, 2021.
- Outdoors- Fully vaccinated individuals will not be required to wear face coverings. Non-vaccinated individuals must continue to wear face coverings for their safety and the safety of others when within 6 (six) feet of other individuals.
- Indoors/Meetings- Fully vaccinated individuals will not be required to wear face coverings in common spaces or private offices. Non-vaccinated individuals must continue to wear face coverings for their safety and the safety of others when within 6 (six) feet of other individuals.
- Vaccination status– according to the CDC, an individual is considered fully vaccinated 14 days after the 2nd dose of a two-dose vaccine (Moderna and Pfizer) or 14 days after a one-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson). The IMT encourages vaccination for all members of the campus community who are able to be vaccinated. In the Lancaster area, individuals can register for an appointment by using the online portal at https://vaccinatelancaster.org/. Elsewhere, individuals can find a vaccination site at Vaccines.gov - Search for COVID-19 vaccine locations.
- Privacy– Millersville is currently not requiring the COVID-19 vaccine, although it is highly recommended. Students who have received the COVID-19 vaccine should provide Health Services with a copy of their vaccine card. Employees who have been vaccinated will not be asked to provide this information. Supervisors and employees should not ask their employees and coworkers whether they have been vaccinated. Likewise, faculty and staff should not ask students about their vaccination status. Regarding face coverings, please respect the decision of some individuals who are fully vaccinated who wish to continue to wear them in public or private settings.
To report concerns or ask questions confidentially, email email@example.com
Check back often for updates.
Guidance on returning to campus
It takes a ‘Ville to: Be Safe, Be Empowered, Be Innovative, Be EPPIIC
From the early days of the pandemic to now, your health and safety have always been our highest priority. For our return to campus this fall, all members of the MU community are strongly encouraged to:
A successful return to campus requires that all faculty, staff and students do their part to increase community readiness.
- Students should stay informed via the Incoming Student FAQ and Student FAQ.
- Students plan for your success.
- Units should plan an approach for a successful return to face-to-face work, campus events, and residential life adhering to health and safety parameters and in consultation with Fall Task Force members and division leads.
- All employees should stay informed via the Employee FAQ.
The past year has taught us that today’s world requires flexibility, adaptability and the willingness and know how to innovate. The next best idea can come from anywhere and we want to hear from you. Submit innovation ideas using the “Innovation” topic on the Return to Campus Inquiry Form.
Our EPPIIC values are at the core of everything we do. Returning to campus that we collectively embrace and live a commitment to the values of Exploration, Professionalism, Public Mission, Inclusion, Integrity and Compassion.
Have questions? Submit them to the Return to Campus Inquiry Form.