Nivedita Bagchi, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Government, Policy, and Law | Director of the International Studies Program
Office: Fulton House, Room 204
Phone: (717) 871-7483
M: 9:20 - 9:50 am | 1:00 - 2:00 pm
W: 9:20 - 9:50 am | 1:00 - 2:00 pm
R: 9:00 - 10:30 am. *Zoom
F: 9:20 - 9:50 am
Comments: Spring 2023 semester. Please email the professor directly for the Zoom link.
SPRING 2023 Course Offerings:
- GOVT 231: Introduction to Political Theory (2 sections)
- WSTU 220: Introduction to Women's Studies
- Ph.D., University of Virginia
- M.A., University of Virginia
- B.A. Converse College
- “Is the Syllabus a Rigid Contract or an Organic Conversation?”, The John William Pope Center for Higher Education Policy, September 2014.
- Book Chapter. “Democracy” in American National Government, by Dr. Adam Lawrence, Kendall/Hunt, Fall 2013.
- Book Chapter. “Federalism” in American National Government, by Dr. Adam Lawrence, Kendall/Hunt, Fall 2013.
- Book Chapter. “Civil Rights” in American National Government, by Dr. Adam Lawrence, Kendall/Hunt, Fall 2013.
- Book Review. “Judith Allen, The Feminism of Charlotte Perkins Gilman: Sexualities, Histories, Progressivism.” International Feminist Journal of Politics. Volume 15, Issue 1.
- “Gilman, Charlotte Perkins”. In The Cambridge Dictionary of Political Thought. Edited by Terence Ball. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, forthcoming.
- “Ilsa's Choice: Love and Tragedy in Casablanca”. Political Philosophy Comes to Rick’s: Casablanca and American Civic Culture , edited by James Pontuso, Lexington Books, 2005.