Office: Fulton House, Room 202
Phone: (717) 871-7486
T: 10:40-11:45 am | 1:35-2:30 pm
W: 9:00-10:00 am
R: 10:40-11:45 am | 1:35-2:30 pm
Comments: Fall 2023 semester.
FALL 2023 COURSE OFFERINGS:
- GOVT 111: Introduction to American Government (2 sections)
- GOVT 211: Introduction to the U.S. Constitution
- GOVT 411: Constitutional Law - Separation of Powers & Federalism
- Ph.D., University of Tennessee
- M.A., University of Tennessee
- B.A., Carson-Newman College
Research and Teaching Interests:
- American Government & Politics
- Public Law & Courts
- Constitutional Law & Theory
- Search and Seizure. (With Otis H. Stephens, Jr.) Santa Barbara, CA: ABC-CLIO Press, 2006.
- "The Exclusionary Rule." In Encyclopedia of American Civil Rights and Civil Liberties, edited by Otis H. Stephens, Jr., and John M. Scheb, II. Westport, CT: Greenwood Press, 2006.
- "Protecting Civil Liberties in an Age of Terrorism." In Practicing Law in a Post-9/11 World. Frankfort, KY: Kentucky Bar Association, 2004.
- "Civil Liberties in an Age of Terrorism." (lead article in symposium, "Preserving Civil Liberties: Can we Balance Security and Freedom?") 40 Trial: Journal of the Association of Trial Lawyers of America, No. 4 (April 2004): 18-38.
- The Right to Privacy. Santa Barbara, CA: ABC-CLIO Press, 2003
- "Thurgood Marshall." In Great American Lawyers, edited by John R. Vile. Santa Barbara, CA: ABC-CLIO Press, 2001.
- "The Impeachment and Trial of William Jefferson Clinton: The Democratic Party Perspective." In The Encyclopedia of the Democratic Party, edited by George Thomas Kurian. New York: International Encyclopedia Society, 2000.
- "Segregation, De Jure." In Encyclopedia of the U.S. Supreme Court, edited by Thomas T. Lewis and Richard L. Wilson. Pasadena, CA: Salem Press, 2000.
- "Conscientious Objection." In The Philosophy of Law: An Encyclopedia, edited by Christopher B. Grey. New York: Garland Press, 1999.
- "Bad Words." In Censorship: A World Encyclopedia, edited by Derek Jones. London: Fitzroy Dearborn Publishers, 1999.
- "The (Dis)Establishment Clause: A Brief Constitutional History." 41 Journal of Theology, No. 3 (Summer 1999): 38-91.
- "An Analysis of Pennsylvania’s Transition to State Funding of its Unified Judicial System." (monograph) Published by the Susquehanna Institute for Public Policy and the Allegheny Institute (July 1999).
- "Campus Hate Speech and Equal Protection: Competing Constitutional Values." (with Otis H. Stephens, Jr.) 6 Widener Journal of Public Law, No. 2 (Spring 1997): 349-384.
- "The Clinton-Gore Policy Agenda: Implementation Roles for the Tennessee Valley Authority Valley Resource Center." (monograph) Published by Tennessee Valley Authority, Knoxville, Tennessee (Spring 1993).