Information for Prospective Integrated Studies Students
Thank you for your interest in Integrated Studies at Millersville University. Integrated Studies provides a fully inclusive postsecondary college experience for students 18-26 years old with an intellectual disability. The two or
Finding the college for you is an exciting journey so let's get started:
Prospective student applicants must meet the following criteria to be considered for POST-SECONDARY admission:
- Have a documented diagnosis of an intellectual and developmental disability as defined by the American Association on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities.
- Holds a GED, Diploma or Certificate of Completion.
- Be at least 18 years old before August 31st of the academic year.
- Be able to live in student housing with limited support.
- Have basic safety skills in unsupervised settings.
- Have support from family and a personal desire to gain necessary skills for self‐determination, independent living and employment
- Independently navigate the campus of Millersville University.
- Application Deadline for Fall: February 20th
- Complete and submit the Student Application and required documents to the Integrated Studies Office. Utilize the Application Checklist to ensure that all required documents are submitted.
- If receiving services from another human services agency, please attach the Authorization to Receive Health Information to give consent for Millersville University to contact them for purposes of coordinating services.
- All completed applications received by February 20th will be considered priority. Completed applications received after February 20th will be considered on a rolling basis. Applications received after February 20th will be considered on a space-available basis.
- Applications are filed in the order in which they are received, and reviewed by the Admissions Review Panel throughout the year on a rolling basis for Fall enrollment. *Applying too close to the final deadline is strongly discouraged.
- Personal interviews are conducted by the Admissions Review Panel with the prospective student and his/her parents or legal guardian.
- Acceptance notification for all applications: April 15th
- If accepted, the student begins Fall registration/enrollment process with Millersville University in collaboration with Integrated Studies throughout the summer and orientation conducted in August.