Information for Prospective Integrated Studies Students
Thank you for your interest in Integrated Studies at Millersville University. Integrated Studies provides a fully inclusive postsecondary college experience for students 18-26 years old with an intellectual disability. The two or four year curriculum immerses each student in undergraduate courses, internships, service learning, student employment, student housing and a vibrant campus life of organizations and events.
Finding the college for you is an exciting journey so let's get started:
Prospective student applicants must meet the following criteria to be considered for POST-SECONDARY admission:
- Have a documented diagnosis of an intellectual and developmental disability as defined by the American Association on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities.
- Holds a GED, Diploma or Certificate of Completion.
- Be at least 18 years old before August 31st of the academic year.
- Be able to live in student housing with limited support.
- Have basic safety skills in unsupervised settings.
- Have support from family and a personal desire to gain necessary skills for self‐determination, independent living and employment
- Independently navigate the campus of Millersville University.
- Application Deadline for Fall: February 20th
- Complete and submit the Student Application and required documents to the Integrated Studies Office. Utilize the Application Checklist to ensure that all required documents are submitted.
- If receiving services from another human services agency, please attach the Authorization to Receive Health Information to give consent for Millersville University to contact them for purposes of coordinating services and fill out the Health Evaluation Forms.
- All completed applications received by February 20th will be considered priority.
- Applications are filed in the order in which they are received, and reviewed by the Admissions Review Panel throughout the year on a rolling basis for Fall enrollment. *Applying too close to the final deadline is strongly discouraged.
- Personal interviews are conducted by the Admissions Review Panel with the prospective student and his/her parents or legal guardian.
- Acceptance notification for all applications: April 15th
- If accepted, the student begins Fall registration/enrollment process with Millersville University in collaboration with Integrated Studies throughout the summer and university summer orientation sessions.