Faculty Funding Opportunities
University and State System Programs
The principal internal grant program for funding faculty research is the Faculty Grants Program. These awards, made exclusively to faculty, support a variety of activities including research, publication, travel to present, special academic activities, and release time. In addition to the faculty grants program, the University makes other awards, such as those awarded to students, available. These awards can help faculty engage undergraduates in research projects.
The Center for Rural Pennsylvania also provides research funds for faculty interested in examining the impacts of state policies on the Commonwealth's 3.5 million rural citizens. More specifically, the Center for Rural Pennsylvania is a legislative agency that serves as a resource for rural policy within the Pennsylvania General Assembly.
The Center promotes and sustains the vitality of Pennsylvania's rural and small communities by:
- sponsoring research projects to identify policy options for legislative and executive branch consideration and action;
- collecting data on trends and conditions to understand the diversity of rural Pennsylvania;
- publishing information and research results to inform and educate audiences about the diverse people and communities of rural Pennsylvania; and
- participating in local, state and national forums on rural issues to present and learn from best practices.
The Center for Rural Pennsylvania sponsors an annual grant program. The RFP is typically released mid-March with the proposal due in late June.
Guides to Federal Funding Opportunities
The powerpoint presentations linked below provide excellent information on Federal funding opportunities in specific fields.
- Grant Opportunities in Math and Science
- Grant Opportunities in Education
- Grant Opportunities in the Humanities and Social Sciences