Please note: Departmental seminars are not included on the student teaching calendars. For information about departmental seminars, please see your contact team member or department chair.
Additional information on topics listed below can be accessed through the University Supervisors Teams page:
- Accessing Evaluations through OnBase
- Evaluations Deadlines / Department Grade Sheet
- Field Services' "Guide to Field Experiences"
- Mileage Reimbursement Instructions & Materials
- Student Teaching Absences
- Student Teaching Evaluations (MU Adapated Danielson & PDE 430)
Questions/Concerns? Please contact Field.Services@millersville.edu.
Student Absence Form
Electronic Student Teaching Absence Form
All absences - planned and emergency - require a Student Teaching Absence Request be completed by the student teacher electronically. Supervisors can access the link to the absence form and instructions for completing the form in the Supervisors Teams site. Once submitted, the request will be automatically sent to the following individuals via email for approval and electronic signatures:
- Cooperating Teacher
- University Supervisor
- Director of Field Services
The absence request must be on file in Field Services five (5) days prior to a planned absence and within 24 hours of an emergency absence. It is the student teacher's responsibility to submit the form and monitor it's progression to the Cooperating Teacher, University Supervisor, and Field Services.
University Supervisors may access the Student Teaching Absence Request link through the Supervisor Teams page.
Questions/Concerns/Issues? Contact Field.Services@millersville.edu.
Evaluations for Student Teaching
University Supervisors are required to complete the PDE 430 online and print hard copies for the Department of Field Services and the student teacher. Please make sure that you and the student teacher have signed and dated the form. Submit the original, signed hard copies to Room 120 or Room 123, Stayer Hall. Signed and dated hardcopies are required for us to stay in compliance with PDE and NCATE guidelines.
University Supervisors may access the following documents/information through the University Supervisor Teams page:
- Instructions on Entering PDE 430 and MU Adapted Danielson Evaluations into Banner
- PDE 430 Evaluation & PDE 430 Attachment A
- MU Adapted Danielson Formative Observation Instrument
- MU Adapted Danielson Rubric
- Mock MU Adapted Danielson Formal Evaluation
- Evaluation Due Dates
Additional PEU instructions (including videos) can be found here.
Through the Travel Management System (TMS)
Beginning January 2020, all supervisors of student teachers should submit for their mileage reimbursement through the Travel Management System (TMS) in ESS.
- Online Travel Request Form
- At the beginning of each semester supervisors must complete a Travel Request Form and submit to their Academic Department. The number on this form should be entered under "Travel Request #" on each travel expense report through TMS.
- Travel Expense Reports (Previously "Travel Expense Vouchers")
- Travel Expense Reports are completed electronically through the Travel Management System (TMS).
- Instructions for entering Expense Reports
- Questions? Please contact the Accounting/Purchasing Office or your Academic Department.
Please keep the following in mind when completing your travel expense report for supervision of student teachers:
- Complete your submissions online through the TMS. Paper forms will not be accepted by Field Services.
- List each destination on a separate line on the voucher form.
- Be sure to include the dates and times of your travels.
- MU will pay for both your trip to a school site and your return trip however, MU can only pay you from the origin nearest to the school site; this would either be from MU or from your home. This is regardless of your physical origin. The same is true for your return trip. EXAMPLE: If you are traveling from Lebanon, PA and supervising in Solanco School District you may only claim the distance from MU to the school in Solanco School District and then back to MU.
- If you are visiting multiple sites in one day MU will pay you for the full distance between school sites. Please arrange your schedule as efficiently as possible.
Please submit your Travel Expense Reports monthly through the Travel Management System in ESS. Please note that submissions will only be paid if submitted within 90 days of your travel.
- Online Travel Request Form
Payroll Forms for Cooperating Teachers
All cooperating teachers were sent Cooperating Teacher Packets via email which included payroll forms (Cooperating Teacher Payroll Form & W9). Please check with your students' cooperating teacher to make sure they have submitted their payroll forms. We are not able to pay the co-ops until a Cooperating Teacher Payroll Form and a W-9 Form has been received. We need both of these forms for each student teacher a co-op sponsors.
If payroll forms have been misplaced please have the cooperating teacher email Field Services for new forms.
Payroll forms can be mailed to:
Student Teaching Office
PO Box 1002
Millersville, PA 17551