First Year Students
You should use this application process if you:
- are applying directly from high school
- have taken fewer than 12 transferable credits
Each year, Millersville University enrolls about 1,300 new freshmen. Our typical first-year student:
- has achieved a solid B average
- has earned an above average SAT or ACT score
We will consider the competitiveness of your high school, the level of courses taken, and grade trends from year to year. You may wish to submit senior-year grades or SAT/ACT scores to enhance your admission prospects.
The materials required for admission as a first-year student are listed below:
- Complete an online application (please note there is an application fee).
- Have your High School send an official transcript directly to our Admissions Office.
Office of Admissions, Lyle Hall,
P.O. Box 1002
Millersville, PA 17551-0302
- Send official SAT or ACT score reports.
- Personal statement.
- Letters of reference are recommended, but not required. These may be very valuable for a candidate with borderline academic qualifications if they help establish other exceptional qualities.
I've applied, what do I do now?
- If you are applying to Art or Music programs, additional steps are required. Please see their web pages for detailed information.
- We recommend you complete all of your financial aid forms as early as possible. A good starting point is the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). For maximum financial aid consideration, complete the FAFSA as soon as possible after January 1. The priority deadline is March 15.
2 Easy Ways to Apply!
Millersville University is pleased to announce that students can apply using the Common Application for 2018.
Tuition/Fees - Annual
Undergraduate Pennsylvania resident (15 credits): $11,858.
Undergraduate out-of-state resident: $21,560*
*Includes annual tuition and required fees. Other charges may apply. Find detailed information at the Office of Student Accounts website.
There are currently no scheduled dates.