Student Staff in Undergraduate Admissions
About the Team
The Office of Undergraduate Admissions employs a team of students to help share what the “Millersville University Experience” is really like, while helping recruit prospective students. Team members consist of:
Communication Center Representative. Communication Center Representatives are often the ‘digital’ first point of contact for students and their families seeking admission to Millersville University. This position receives and distributes all the general internal messages (text messages, live agent calls, emails) received by the department. The Communications Center Representative is the liaison between Millersville University and its current and prospective students and families. GPA minimum, 2.25. Rate $9.50/hr.
Front Desk Attendant. Front Desk Attendants greet visitors to the Lombardo Welcome Center and assist those guests in meeting with Lombardo residents or correctly redirecting them to other buildings and personnel. Front Desk Attendants help create a first impression of Millersville University for our in-person guests, setting the tone of the visit by demonstrating the University’s EPPIIC values of Professionalism and Compassion. GPA minimum, 2.25. Rate $9.50/hr.
Tour Guides. Campus Tour Guides share with prospective students and family members what life is like as an MU student. Each guide utilizes their unique experience to paint a picture of what their day is like as they traverse campus sharing information about the buildings, people, programs, and culture of Millersville University. GPA minimum, 2.25. Rate $9.50/hr.
What to Expect
Each team member receives comprehensive training. Hours are flexible and students are paid at an hourly rate.
Interested in becoming a Team member?
Do you meet the requirements? The Millersville University Admissions Department is always looking for students with the following qualifications:
- Current undergraduate student in good academic standing.
- Full-time or part-time student at Millersville University.
- Interested in serving in a leadership capacity.
- Demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to represent Millersville University effectively and positively.
- Knowledge of resources and services offered at Millersville University.
- Exhibit leadership, initiative, dependability, self-confidence, and willingness to learn.
- Commitment to promoting diversity. Ability to work within a team.
Complete the application here