First Year Students
You should use this application process if you:
- are applying directly from high school
- have not taken any military or college credits after graduating from high school
Each year, Millersville University enrolls about 1,300 new freshmen. Our typical first-year student:
- has achieved a solid B average
- has earned an above average SAT or ACT score
We will consider the competitiveness of your high school, the level of courses taken, and grade trends from year to year. You may wish to submit senior-year grades or SAT/ACT scores to enhance your admission prospects.
The materials required for admission as a first-year student are listed below:
- Complete an online application
- SAT or ACT score reports (standardized test scores are not required).
- Personal statement.
- Letters of reference are recommended, but not required. These may be very valuable for a candidate with borderline academic qualifications if they help establish other exceptional qualities.
I've applied, what do I do now?
We recommend you complete all of your financial aid forms as early as possible. A good starting point is the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). For maximum financial aid consideration, complete the FAFSA as soon as possible after January 1. The priority deadline is March 15.