High School Students Applying for Dual Enrollment
What is dual enrollment?
Dual enrollment is a program for high school students interested in earning college credits while still in high school. Often, these courses also count for high school credit and/or graduation requirements. Please check with your high school counselor for more information.
Welcome! We are very excited to have you taking classes on the Millersville University campus. Orientation is a great opportunity for you to familiarize yourself with campus, ask questions, and to gain a greater understanding of the differences between high school and college courses. Register today!
frequently asked questions
- What are the dual enrollment admissions guidelines?
- What are the approved courses for summer session?
- What are the approved course for the fall semester?
- Can I take more than 2 courses in one semester?
- What are the application deadlines?
- How much does it cost?
- Where do I apply for Winter courses?
- When are course schedules released?
- The application asks for my high school transcript. How do I submit it?
- When will I receive an update on my application?
- How will my high school receive my final grade after I complete my course?
What are the dual enrollment admissions guidelines?
- Students should be juniors or seniors in high school.
- Students should have exhausted all or most of the academically challenging coursework offered by their high school.
- Students should at least meet, or preferably exceed, typical admissions guidelines.
- Recommended criteria for the current year are:
- Grades B or better (approximate GPA of 3.0 or higher)
- 21 ACT and/or 1000 SAT score (reading/math)
- PSAT scores will be reviewed if student has not taken the ACT or SAT
- Recommended criteria for the current year are:
- Students should submit an electronic application for Dual Enrollment (Paper applications are no longer accepted).
- Students must select courses from the approved course list. Students should only apply for courses they wish to enroll in.
What are the approved courses for summer session?
What are the approved course for the fall semester?Back to top
Can I take more than 2 courses in one semester?Students wishing to enroll in more than 2 courses should apply initially, before the deadline, for their top 2 course choices. After the deadline and after all students have been placed into their first choices, students may request a third choice by email to the admissions office with their request. Third course requests are subject to space availability.Back to top
What are the application deadlines?
- Fall semester: May 15
- Spring semester: November 15
- Applications for summer session will be accepted until the course is full.
Students who apply after the application deadline will only be placed into courses if space is available.
How much does it cost?
Millersville charges a reduced rate to students attending one of our partner schools (check with your school counselor for more information). Dual enrolled students receive 50% off the tuition and are charged the university’s per-credit technology fee. For students not attending a partner school, the full tuition rate and fees will be charged.
Please see the Office of Student Accounts website for the estimated tuition costs.
Where do I apply for Winter courses?
Dual enrollment is not offered over winter session.
When are course schedules released?
- Fall semester courses are announced in mid-March.
- Spring semester courses are announced in mid-October.
- Summer session courses are announced in early March.
The application asks for my high school transcript. How do I submit it?
Millersville allows dual enrollment applicants to submit an unofficial high school transcript. Please upload a PDF of your transcript when completing your application.
Please note: If you decide to apply to Millersville as a degree-seeking student after high school graduation, you will be required to submit an official high school transcript from your high school counseling office.
When will I receive an update on my application?
Within 2-3 weeks after the application date, students will receive a communication to their application email including admissions information and course(s) confirmation. Parents and school counselors will be included on this email.
After students are placed into courses, students are encouraged to check their Millersville University email address regularly for important updates related to their course(s). Parents and school counselors will not be included on emails sent to Millersville University email addresses.
How will my high school receive my final grade after I complete my course?
Please complete the transcript release form and submit to the Registrar's Office at Millersville University. Completion of this form provides us with permission to release your grades to you and/or your high school. Please submit immediately after applying for dual enrollment to avoid delays at the end of the semester.