Important Next Steps
Congratulations on your acceptance!
We are excited for you to join the Marauder Community! But... what's next?
Check back here often for updates on the Transfer Student To-Do List...
The world has changed a lot, but one thing that has not changed is our commitment to see you succeed. Below are a few important updates from our office:
We are open virtually.
Our physical time on campus is limited, but the Transfer Admissions Team is still available while we are working remotely! Best to reach us Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. by email and we can set up a Zoom chat, provide our virtual sessions or virtual office hours to connect with you and help!
As we navigate through this unusual time, please know we are here to support you. Please contact us at email@example.com with questions or just to check in.
Next Steps!Here's some direction on what you'll want to be working on to get situated for your start at Millersville University.
- Set up your student accounts (MAX, myVille, MU email, etc.) HERE
- Get started and work through all the important info in our online pre-orientation program, the Marauder Arrival Program or MAP
- Review your accepted transfer credits within your degree audit in your MAX account
- Log-in here then Student Services menu -> Advisement -> Degree Audit Report
- Connect with your Transfer Contact designee for your academic department/major program (see list link under Contact Information and Helpful Links below).
- Review your degree audit and curriculum requirements with them
- Discuss advisement and get suggestions of courses/requirements you should be registering for your first semester
- Search for the suggested courses/requirements (as well as other registration resources) here on the Web Schedule
Whether you're coming from another four-year school, community college, technical school. or military service, as an incoming transfer student we want to make sure you can learn how we do things at MU.... so we have a series of pre-start/orientation events meant to help you!
- Attend a Transfer Transition Session!
A virtual small group workshop, specifically for transfer students, covering the important "how-tos" of some of your next steps. You're expected to attend at least one of these sessions to benefit from the information!
- Participate in Countdown to College!
The 2021 New Student Orientation begins online with the "Countdown to College," August 3 to August 14. The Countdown features over 40 workshops, meet-ups, and sessions to help you prepare for your start at MU, including an exclusive 5-part series titled, "Bouncing Back from COVID." Family members are invited and encouraged to attend as well.
Additional tasks to be sure to do:
- Request your final OFFICIAL transcript(s) from your previous institution, issued to Millersville University and sent to Undergraduate Admissions (so we can update your credit evaluation/degree audit)
- Complete your FAFSA and review your financial aid info in your MAX account. Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or see the Office of Financial Aid's website
Contact Information And Helpful Links For Transfer Students
Transfer Credit/Equivalency List for common transfer schools
Questions about credits/equivalency? Email Danielle Rapp at email@example.com