Important Next Steps
Congratulations on your acceptance!
We are excited for you to join the Marauder Community! But... what's next?
Check back here often for updates on the Transfer Student To-Do List...
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or just to check in.
Here's some direction on what you'll want to be working on to get situated for your start at Millersville University for Spring 2023.
- Set up your student accounts (MAX, myVille, MU email, etc.) HERE
- Sign up for a virtual Transfer Transition Session ASAP (see below - Orientation Requirements)
- Review your accepted transfer credits within your degree audit in your MAX account
- Log-in here then Student Services menu -> Advisement -> Degree Audit Report
- Connect with your Transfer Contact designee for your academic department/major program (see list link under Contact Information and Helpful Links below).
- Review your degree audit and curriculum requirements with them
- Discuss advisement and get suggestions of courses/requirements you should be registering for your first semester
- Search for the suggested courses/requirements (as well as other registration resources) here on the Web Schedule
- Register for the courses you've found within your MAX account.
Additional tasks to be sure to do:
- Request your final OFFICIAL transcript(s) from your previous institution, issued to Millersville University and sent to Undergraduate Admissions (so we can update your credit evaluation/degree audit)
- Complete your FAFSA and review your financial aid info in your MAX account. Questions? Email email@example.com or see the Office of Financial Aid's website
- IF you will be living in the residence halls on campus, fill out your housing preference application (in MAX -> Student Services menu -> Housing & Dining -> My Housing. This will take you to the My Housing portal to complete the application. Questions, email Housing@millersville.edu)
- IF you will be commuting or living off-campus, purchase your parking decal (further info here on the MU Parking Division's website
Whether you're coming from another four-year school, community college, technical school or military service, as an incoming transfer student we want to make sure you can learn how we do things at MU.... so please sign up ASAP, the Transition sessions are meant to help you with your next steps!
Attend a Transfer Transition Session
A virtual small group workshop, specifically for transfer students, covering the important "how-tos" of your next steps for advisement and early registration. It's best you attend one of these as soon as possible and you're expected to attend at least one of these sessions to benefit from the information!
Contact Information And Helpful Links For Transfer Students
Transfer Credit/Equivalency List for common transfer schools
Questions about credits/equivalency? Email Danielle Rapp at firstname.lastname@example.org