You should use this application process if you:
- Have attempted credits at another college, university or other post secondary institution
- Have graduated high school and served in the military (active duty or reserve status) and have done training that might correlate to college credits. Applicants must submit their Joint Services Transcript. MU uses the ACE (American Council on Education) Military Guide to determine how training may translate to college coursework.
The 3 credit Wellness requirement is waived for active or veteran service members who have completed basic training. A copy of the DD214 or transcript of training must be provided.
Transfer student admission requires:
- a 2.0 or higher overall GPA
- 12 transferable credits for a decision to be made based only on college academic record.
- With fewer than 12 transferable credits, high school transcripts and test scores (SAT or ACT) are also required.
- a combined GPA is calculated for students who have earned credits at multiple institutions
The materials required for admission as a transfer student are listed below:
- Complete an online application (please note there is an application fee).
- Official transcripts must be sent directly from each institution where coursework was attempted.
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
P.O. Box 1002
Millersville, PA 17551-0302
- Only for applicants who have not yet completed 12 transferable credits, an official high school transcript sent directly from your guidance office to the Admissions Office AND official SAT or ACT scores sent from Collegeboard. We will usually request this information from you directly.
- Students with fewer than 12 transferable credits earned at the time of application will be evaluated using a combination of the college and the high school records.
- After an applicant has been offered admission, a confirmation deposit will be required to accept the offer and serves as the key to the next steps in the admission process (invitation to transfer orientation, advisement and registration information, access to the web based registration and advisement systems, etc.).
How do Credits get Transferred?
- See the Course Equivalency Lists on the Millersville Registrar's website to compare MU courses with other colleges.
- Most liberal arts courses in which a grade of C- or better is earned would be transferable if completed at a regionally accredited college.
- Courses not accepted include those remedial in nature, study skills courses, courses taken at institutions lacking regional accreditation, and those in which grades below C- were earned.
- Courses in which a grade of D was earned are transferable from Pennsylvania community colleges and institutions in the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education only, provided the cumulative GPA is 2.0 or higher with the exception of English Composition and Public Speaking which require a C- or higher.
Harrisburg Area Community College
Students transferring from Harrisburg Area Community College are encouraged to refer to HACC's advisement check sheets developed cooperatively between HACC and Millersville.
The HACC/MU Dual Admission Program is designed for students who plan to complete an Associate Degree at HACC prior to enrolling at Millersville. It is primarily an advisement program that provides ongoing credit evaluations that allow students to see how HACC credits will fit towards a Millersville degree. It is recommended that you apply to the program prior to the completion of 45 HACC college credits. Please see your HACC Counselor for an application and additional information.
- Click here for program guidelines.
Reading Area Community College
The RACC/MU Dual Admission Program is designed for students who plan to complete an Associate Degree at RACC prior to enrolling at Millersville. It is primarily an advisement program that provides ongoing credit evaluations that allow students to see how RACC credits will fit towards a Millersville degree. RACC will automatically send MU a new RACC transcript at the conclusion of each semester. The program is only for students who intend to complete an Associate Degree at RACC, prior to beginning at Millersville. It is recommended that you apply to the program prior to the completion of 45 college credits. Please speak to Jane Dietrich at RACC for info - Click here for program guidelines.