New Student Programs
Welcome to Millersville!
College is a journey as much as it is a destination. Over your time at Millersville University you will meet new people who become life-long friends, learn from knowledgeable mentors both in and out of the classroom, challenge yourself, your abilities, and your beliefs, and gain knowledge and skills that will propel you forward in life. At its conclusion, college will have provided you with both a degree and an education. And it all starts with orientation.
The transition to college can be a big adjustment for both you and your family. That's why we provide a variety of orientation programs to meet your individual needs. Whether this is your first time in college or you're coming to MU from another institution, whether you came from another country or state or from the surrounding Lancaster countryside, the goal of New Student Programs is to position you for success throughout your time at Millersville University.
To ensure that you are ready for the start of the semester, Millersville University requires all incoming students to participate in an orientation program. By participating in orientation, you will:
- Be able to summarize the academic and community expectations of a Millersville University student.
- Feel more prepared to transition into the University.
- Become acquainted with the resources available to Millersville University students.
- Have a better understanding of the Millersville University student experience.
- Be better able to take responsibility while enrolled at the University.
- Assist you in understanding the purposes of higher education and the mission of the institution, as well as your responsibilities in our educational setting
- Provide you with information about academic policies, procedures, requirements, and programs
- Familiarize you with the campus and local environment
- Meet new and current students and start making connections.