Spring Admitted Students
...is to position you for success throughout your time at Millersville University.
To ensure that you are ready for the start of the semester, Millersville University requires all incoming students to participate in an orientation program. By participating in orientation, you will:
- Be able to summarize the academic and community expectations of a Millersville University student.
- Feel more prepared to transition into the University.
- Become acquainted with the resources available to Millersville University students.
- Have a better understanding of the Millersville University student experience.
- Be better able to take responsibility while enrolled at the University.
- Assist you in understanding the purposes of higher education and the mission of the institution, as well as your responsibilities in our educational setting
- Provide you with information about academic policies, procedures, requirements, and programs
- Familiarize you with the campus and local environment
- Meet new and current students and start making connections.
Which program do I attend?
If you are a new (first-time-in-college) student you are required to participate in the New Student Orientation for commuters and residential students.
If you are a transfer student, you are required to participate in the Transfer Student Orientation.
A MAP to get you started!
The Marauder Arrival Program (MAP) is an online pre-orientation program for all incoming students. The MAP is viewable on tablets and most mobile devices in addition to your computer. You can work at your own pace, stop, and continue at any time. Once completed, you may refer back to it at any point in your MU career! In addition to providing you with an overview of programs, services, and expectations, the MAP will guide you through the steps to:
- Identify housing and roommate preferences;
- Review financial aid;
- View and pay your bill;
- Setup parent or other users to access billing information;
- Review the process for setting up your class schedule;
- View transcripts, transfer credits, and course schedules;
- Complete health forms and online educational programming.
In order to access the MAP, you will need to have previously activated your Millersville Accounts. You do this by clicking this link, https://myaccount.millersville.edu, and following the instructions under the “First Time Account Setup (Incoming Students)” icon. You will need to provide your birthdate as well as your Marauder Student Identification Number, or “M number” which can be found on your admission acceptance letter or your paid confirmation deposit email (available in your application account).
You can then use your Millersville username and password to access the MAP. The MAP for students entering Millersville in the Spring of 2021 will be available starting on November 1, 2020.
Students paying their confirmation fee prior to January 1, 2021 are required to complete the MAP by no later than January 10, 2021. Failure to complete it by that date may adversely impact first semester schedules or result in delays to accessing residence halls and obtaining parking decals. Students paying their confirmation fee after January 1, 2021 are expected to complete the MAP as soon as possible to avoid similar delays to their matriculation.
Contact the Office of Orientation and Transition Programs at 717-871-5553 with any questions or concerns about your next steps at Millersville University.
*Your Marauder email account is the means by which the University will convey official information to you. You should get in the habit of checking your Marauder email regularly to avoid missing important information about orientation, housing, and your academic program.