You should use this application process if you:
- Have attempted credits at another college, university or other post secondary institution
- Have graduated high school and served in the military (active duty or reserve status) and have done training that might correlate to college credits. MU uses the ACE (American Council on Education) Military Guide to determine how training may translate to college coursework. Please use the links below to request transcripts from these branches of the armed services:
Transcripts from other branches of the armed forces
The 3 credit Wellness requirement is waived for active or veteran service members who have completed basic training. A copy of the DD214 or transcript of training must be provided.
Transfer student admission requires:
- a 2.0 or higher overall GPA (3.0 for Early Childhood Education)
- 12 transferable credits for decision to be made based only on college academic record.
- With fewer than 12 transferable credits, high school transcripts and test scores (SAT or ACT) are also required.
- 30 transferable credits are required for Early Childhood Education
- a combined GPA is calculated for students who have earned credits at multiple institutions
The materials required for admission as a transfer student are listed below:
- Complete an application with an application fee (apply online).
- Official transcripts must be sent directly from each institution where coursework was attempted.
Office of Admissions, Lyle Hall,
P.O. Box 1002
Millersville, PA 17551-0302
- An official high school transcript sent directly from your guidance office to the Admissions Office is only required for students who have not yet completed 12 transferable credits (30 transferable credits for Early Childhood Education).
- Students with fewer than 12 transferable credits earned at the time of application will be evaluated using a combination of the college and the high school records.
- After an applicant has been offered admission, a confirmation fee will be required to accept the offer and serves as the key to the next steps in the admission process (invitation to new student orientation, assignment of an adviser, registration information, access to the web based registration and advisement systems, etc.).
How do Credits get Transferred?
- See the Course Equivalency Lists on the Millersville Registrar's website to compare MU courses with other colleges.
- Unofficial credit evaluations will be sent with the offer of admission for most applicants. If MU does not offer an exact equivalent course, elective credits may be awarded. The evaluation becomes official and credits are entered into the MU academic record after a confirmation fee has been received.
- Follow a liberal arts transfer curriculum at your current college to insure a maximum number of transfer credits.
- Most liberal arts courses in which a grade of C- or better is earned would be transferable if completed at a regionally accredited college.
- Courses not accepted include those remedial in nature, study skills courses, courses taken at institutions lacking regional accreditation, and those in which grades below C- were earned.
- Courses in which a grade of D was earned are transferable from Pennsylvania community colleges and institutions in the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education only, provided the cumulative GPA is 2.0 or higher with the exception of English Composition and Public Speaking which require a C- or higher. These courses will not appear on the preliminary credit evaluation that accompanies the admission letter. Such courses will be evaluated for equivalency by the MU Registrar's Office, after a confirmation fee and a final transcript have been received.
Harrisburg Area Community College
Students transferring from Harrisburg Area Community College are encouraged to refer to HACCs advisement check sheets developed cooperatively between HACC and Millersville. The Dual Admission Program is designed for students who plan to complete an Associate Degree at HACC prior to enrolling at Millersville. It is primarily an advisement program that provides ongoing credit evaluations that allow students to see how HACC credits will fit towards a Millersville degree. The program is only for students who intend to complete an Associate Degree at HACC, prior to beginning at Millersville. It is recommended that you apply to the program prior to the completion of 45 college credits. Please see your HACC Counselor for an application and additional information.
Ready To Apply!
Apply right now using our online form and paying the application fee by credit card!