Military Service People
Millersville University welcomes veterans, active, and inactive military personnel.
Credits can be awarded for training done through all branches of the armed services. Prior training may fit towards the General Education Course Requirements required of all students regardless of major or towards the academic major. The 3-credit wellness / health education component of the General Education Curriculum is waived for those who have completed basic training.
Financial Aid and Educational Benefits for Veterans
The Veterans Certifying Official in the Office of Financial Aid at Millersville University handles all paperwork for individuals applying for the Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA) educational benefits. This office is also your link to the DVA in cases of problems with educational benefit processing. More info available here on financial aid and educational benefits for veterans.
Contact Information for the Veterans Certifying Official:
Office of Financial Aid
PO Box 1002
Millersville PA 17551
The VA Certifying Officials are located in the Office of Financial Aid in Lyle Hall.
Concurrent Admission Program (ConAp)
Millersville University participates in the Concurrent Admissions Program with the Army, Army Reserves, and Army National Guard. It is a partnership between the Army Recruiting Command and over 1,900 participating colleges to mutually advance the goals of lifelong learning and postsecondary education for Future Soldiers. Click here for details.
Credits Accepted at Millersville University
- Credits for military training are awarded based upon recommendations by American Council on Education Guides.
- Credits for college coursework completed while in active duty are also accepted with grades of "C" or higher. Elective credits may be awarded if an exact equivalent does not exist.
- Course equivalency lists.
- Millersville University is accredited by Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE) and will accept credits from other regionally accredited institutions (see list below in Transition Tools).
- Credits are accepted from DANTES and USAFI programs.
- Request Joint Services Transcripts
Millersville operates on rolling admissions and applications are reviewed as they become complete.
- March 1 for fall (August) semester enrollment
- October 1 for spring (January) enrollment
Active military personnel who maintain legal PA residency while on active duty are considered residents. Proofs of PA residency include: PA income tax returns, PA voter registration, PA driver’s license and mortgage payments within PA, among others.
Accepting YOUR Offer of Admission
Receipt of the confirmation deposit (click here for instructions) leads to the “next steps” of the application process.
Students will then have access or be provided with:
- access to set up student accounts (MyVille, MAX, MU email, etc)
- a degree audit showing where transfer or military credits fit towards the Millersville degree
- contact information of an academic advisor within their (major) department
- invitation to orientation and other special events for incoming transfer students
Advisement and Registration
- All incoming students who have confirmed their intent to enroll at Millersville are strongly encouraged to contact an academic advisor by phone, email or virtual meeting to make sure they are properly advised. Incoming students can contact their department contact person temporarily (see Contact Information and Helpful Links) Each incoming student will be assigned to an academic advisor within his or her major department a bit closer to the start of the semester.
- Registration at Millersville begins in April for the fall and in November for the spring semesters and is on-going through the first week of the semester. It is primarily by credit priority (those with the most credits register first) though Military Service students may be able to take part in priority registration.
- For more information about registration steps see Web Schedule and Registration Guide
- Transition Tools
Prospective Transfer Students