RN to BSN Nursing Student Transfers
More and more hospitals and healthcare settings are requiring new nurses to possess a Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN). Millersville welcomes applicants from nursing programs, students with an earned or in-progress RN degree or Associates Degree in Nursing, that are looking for a BSN program to complete while remaining flexible in the student's current career!
BSN Nursing program
This program is offered in two formats: Traditional and 100% online.
- Application to the BSN program at MU requires students to have nearly completed an RN degree. Application to MU can be done while you are still finishing the RN degree or Associate Degree in Nursing, and prior to taking the licensing exam (NCLEX). Most nursing applicants have completed an RN degree through hospital-based or community college programs. A block of 30 lower level nursing credits is awarded upon completion of an RN degree.
- Nursing credits may not appear on an initial evaluation but liberal arts credits will likely be included.
- Courses required for the degree can be found on the Department of Nursing's website. It is best to apply as a BSN Nursing major, even if you have not yet finished the RN degree and license.
- Completion of the RN is required prior to taking most Nursing courses at MU. There are a few classes that prospective Nursing students can take at MU, prior to earning the RN degree and license.
Ready to Apply?
For additional information contact Dr. Kelly Kuhns 717-871-5276 or Kelly.Kuhns@millersville.edu.
Millersville operates on rolling admissions and applications are reviewed as they become complete.
- March 1 for fall (August) semester enrollment
- October 1 for spring (January) enrollment
Dual Admissions Programs with Harrisburg Area Community College (HACC) and Reading Area Community College (RACC)
The Dual Admission Programs are designed for students who plan to complete an Associate Degree prior to enrolling at Millersville. They are primarily advisement programs that provide ongoing credit evaluations that show how community college credits fit towards a Millersville degree. The program is designed exclusively for students who intend to complete an Associate Degree at one of the participating institutions prior to beginning at Millersville. It is recommended that applications are done prior to the completion of 45 college credits. Applications are available from the transfer centers at the 2-year institutions.
Accepting YOUR Offer of Admission
Receipt of the confirmation deposit (click here for instructions) leads to the “next steps” of the application process.
Students will then have access or be provided with:
- a degree audit showing where previous credits fit towards the Millersville degree
- contact information of an academic advisor within their (major) department
- invitation to orientation and other special events for incoming transfer students
Advisement and Registration
- All incoming students who have confirmed their intent to enroll at Millersville are strongly encouraged to contact an academic advisor. Academic Advisement at Millersville is provided by our faculty members. Contact the Nursing Department at 717-871-4274 for assistance or email department chair, Dr. Kelly Kuhns at Kelly.Kuhns@millersville.edu
- For more information about steps to registration see Web Schedule and Registration Guide