College of Science And Technology Undergraduate Travel Fellowship
Undergraduate Students with majors in the College of Science and Technology are eligible to Apply
During the 2019-2020 academic year, Undergraduate Travel Fellowship applications will be accepted two times: SEPTEMBER 25, 2019 and FEBRUARY 19, 2020.
The September deadline is nominally for travel occurring from about September through February. The February deadline is nominally for travel occurring from about February through August. The September /February deadlines are for complete applications. A complete application includes your faculty mentor's verification of your application. You should make sure your faculty mentor knows you are submitting an application and that your application is submitted far enough in advance of the deadline that your faculty mentor will have time to submit their materials. Award notifications typically occur 5 weeks after the application deadline.
All Millersville University undergraduates who are majoring in degree programs within the College of Science and Technology may apply for Undergraduate Travel Fellowships to defray certain approved expenses associated with travel to external academic competitions or to external conferences where the results of their faculty-mentored research will be presented.
- Only complete applications will be considered.
- The maximum amount available is $300 for single presenters/competitors and $500 for groups of two or more presenters/competitors (e.g., co-authors on the same abstract).
- Students are only eligible to receive funding from this program once per fiscal year (July 1 through June 30).
- Use of any approved travel funds is contingent upon presentation at the proposed external conference.
- All awardees are also required to present at Made in Millersville
- Travel Request Forms must be completed and approved prior to travel (https://www.millersville.edu/purchasing/travel/). Please see your faculty research mentor or department chair for assistance in completing this form. A copy of this form is to be included in your application.
- All reimbursable travel receipts must be included in your Travel Expense Voucher (https://www.millersville.edu/purchasing/travel/). Expense vouchers must be submitted per University guidelines.
- All fellowships are pending and contingent upon available university funding.
- Upon submission, the applicant and the research mentor will receive an e-mail verifying submission. In the e-mail to the faculty mentor, they will be asked to endorse the application.
Aside from the quality of the application, other evaluation criteria may include, but are not limited to: funding received by/requested from other sources, past funding received by the applicant, type of conference/academic competition, etc.