Demand Response Event
Help Millersville Prevent Brownouts and Blackouts
Hot summer days can stress the electrical grid causing brownouts or even blackouts. Millersville helps the grid operator respond to high-stress periods by reducing our electricity use.
During these Demand Response Events:
- Building temperatures may increase because less energy is available to cool buildings.
- Conserving energy in other ways leaves more energy available to cool buildings.
You can help during Demand Response Events by:
- Shutting off lights where safe and not in use.
- Turning off computers, monitors, desktop printers and appliances when not in use.
- Using fans thoughtfully.
- Unplugging chargers and other devices when not in use.
- Closing doors and windows in air-conditioned space.
Thank you for helping Millersville University participate in the Demand Response program, which helps the grid remain reliable within the region while providing a rebate on Millersville's electricity cost.