International Graduate Applicants
You should use this application process if you:
- are not a United States citizen or a permanent resident in the United States
- have completed a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university in the United States or its equivalent from a similar institution abroad
- are seeking admission to a master’s degree program
- are seeking admission to both a master’s degree and a certification program
Because of Pennsylvania teacher certification requirements, international applicants may not be admitted to the following programs: art, gifted education, language and literacy education, and technology education.
- Complete the online application. The online application includes a document upload feature for the submission of your required goal statement, an optional electronic recommendation request system, and secure application fee payment processing.
- Upload the academic and professional goals statement required for admission by your intended program. Your statement should include experiences which have influenced your decision to graduate studies and a self-assessment of your potential for advanced study and service in your chosen field. Please refer to the program-specific essay instructions listed below:
MSW - Academic and Professional Statement for MSW Applicants (PDF)
Sport Management - Academic and Professional Statement for Sports Management Applicants (PDF)
All Other Programs - Academic and Professional Goals Statement (PDF)
- Submit one (1) official transcript of baccalaureate and graduate work completed at ALL colleges or universities you have attended, including undergraduate and graduate transfer institutions. Transcripts must bear the official institutional seal and be contained in a sealed institutional envelope. Millersville University graduates need not request a transcript.
College of Graduate Studies and Adult Learning
Attn: Graduate Admissions
P.O. Box 1002
Millersville, PA 17551-0302
- Applicants possessing a baccalaureate degree earned at a non-US institution must have official academic credentials sent to a recognized credential evaluation service for a Course-by-Course evaluation. One such service is the World Education Services, Inc., at www.WES.org. The WES ICAP (International Credential Advantage Package) is a service that allows applicants to store their verified academic transcripts with WES and have them delivered to Millersville University together with the credential evaluation report.
Applicants who use the WES ICAP service do not need to submit an official transcript to Millersville University from the non-US institution.
The WES ICAP service verifies and authenticates the academic transcripts and delivers the transcripts and credential evaluation to Millersville University directly. Applicants not using the WES ICAP service must submit to Millersville University an official academic transcript in native language (with English translation) in a sealed envelope from the non-US institution.
- Official scores from the appropriate graduate admission test (MAT, GRE, GMAT) required by your intended degree program. See Timelines and Requirements Chart. Applicants with earned master’s degrees need not submit admission test scores. Certification applicants need not submit admission test scores.
- Proof of English language proficiency. Official TOEFL scores required if an applicant is a non-native speaker of English are: 500 on the paper-based test, 183 on the computer-based test, or 65 on the internet based test. The institutional code for reporting TOEFL scores to Millersville University is 2656. In lieu of the TOEFL, English language proficiency may be demonstrated by earning a score of "6" or higher on the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) exam. Millersville TOEFL institutional code: 2656
- Submit three (3) recommendation forms in sealed envelopes or use the electronic recommendation request system included with the online application. Recommendations from professional supervisors or faculty members familiar with your work and academic background are highly preferred. MSW program applicants must use the printed MSW Recommendation Forms for the three (3) recommendations (electronic recommendation forms are not available for the MSW program).
Recommendation for Admission (PDF)
MSW Recommendation Form for MSW Applicants (PDF)
- A completed Source of Funds Form (PDF) demonstrating the availability of at least $25,000 for each regular academic year. Please print out the form, complete the information and return it by mail.
Click here for the estimated cost for international students.
- Additional application documents (resume, portfolios) are required by some degree programs. See Timelines and Requirements Chart