Post Baccalaureate Certification & Certificates
You should use this application process if you:
- have completed a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution
- are seeking a post-baccalaureate certification or graduate certificate only
Post Baccalaureate Teaching Certifications
Post Baccalaureate Specialist Certificates/Endorsements
Instructional I (initial or additional teaching certification)
^Require a previous Instruction I Teaching Certification in order to apply
Programs in Italics indicate online programs
The following deadlines are provided for certification programs for the designated semesters listed:
- Spring semester applicants: December 1
- Summer semester applicants: April 1
- Fall semester applicants: July 1
- Complete the online application. The online application includes a document upload feature for the submission of your required goal statement, an optional electronic letter of recommendation request system, and secure application fee ($40) payment processing.
- Upload the academic and professional goals statement required for admission. Your statement should include experiences that have influenced your decision to graduate studies and a self-assessment of your potential for advanced study and service in your chosen field (approximately 300-500 words). Please refer to the document listed below for essay instructions:
Academic and Professional Goals Statement (PDF)
- Submit one (1) official transcript of baccalaureate and graduate work completed at ALL colleges or universities you have attended, including undergraduate and graduate transfer institutions. Transcripts must bear the official institutional seal and be contained in a sealed institutional envelope. Millersville University graduates need not request a transcript.
College of Graduate Studies and Adult Learning
Attn: Graduate Admissions
P.O. Box 1002
Millersville, PA 17551-0302
- Use the electronic recommendation request system in the online application to request the completion and submission of recommendation forms on your behalf or forward paper copies of the appropriate Recommendation Forms to your recommenders. Applicants who use the electronic recommendation request system should note that recommendation requests are transmitted to recommenders after the online application form has been submitted, and the application fee has been paid. Recommendations from professional supervisors or faculty members familiar with your work and academic background are highly preferred. Please do not submit recommendations from family members or friends. Please be sure to check the requirements chart below for an appropriate number of recommendations per program.
Recommendation for Admission (PDF)
- Additional application materials (copies of teaching certificate, portfolios) are required by some programs. See Timelines and Requirements Chart.