Resources For Student Organizations
Resources for Student Organizations
The following guidelines explain the process of depositing money and having checks cut from your organization account with Student Services, Inc.
- All student organizations are required to have a signature sheet on file. This must be completed each academic year. The sheet is part of your registration process. Failure to complete the sheet will result in your organization’s account being frozen.
- Click here for the 2020-21 Signature Form.
- Money may be deposited into your organization account at the Student Memorial Center Banking Center, Monday-Friday by appointment only. Email email@example.com for appointments. You can review all transactions on “Get Involved”.
- To have checks written or a request for a Purchase Order from your organization account, a Form #1 and a copy of the invoice (check) or quote (purchase order) to be paid are required. At the moment, the Banking Center is accepting digitally signed Form 1's using Adobe Pro or DocuSign. These can be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org along with copies of the receipts. You can also make an appoitnemet to submit the forms in person.
Request for Payment:
- An invoice must be attached to the Form #1; payments will not be made from a statement, please make sure you are using the invoice!
- All invoices must include a full mailing address
Request for Reimbursement:
- All receipts must show amount, date and place of business
- In case of travel reimbursements, you must show proof of payment. For example, an airline/hotel itinerary or estimates from a car rental dealer are not proof of payment. The proof of payment should show that payment was made by cash, check or credit card. (Reimbursement for gas can either be mileage, or receipt(s) for gasoline purchase). Mileage is equal to current rate set by IRS.
- If receipts are lost or incomplete, i.e. name of business not on register receipts, date incomplete or not on receipt, etc., a letter must accompany the Form #1 clearly stating the reasons for discrepancy. The Advisor must sign the attachment.
Request for Purchase Order:
- A vendor quote showing the actual price must be attached to the Form 1.
- Submit the Form 1 at the Banking Center window and we will create a purchase order for you. You will receive a copy of the Purchase Order to enable you to make your purchase.
- The Banking Center will hold your Form 1 on file for payment processing.
Directions for completing a Form #1:
- Fill in the amount of $ needed for the check or Purchase Order
- Invoice or Quote # - Write in the invoice or quote number shown on the attachment
- To: - The Payee (who the document should be made out to)
- Address: - The full address of the Payee
- Description: - A full explanation for the request
- Organization: - Your organization name
- Date: - Date of request
- Signature Lines: Each Form #1 must have two signatures, the Treasurer and/or President and the Advisor. These signatures should match the signature sheet. If you are reimbursing yourself, please have the other officer sign the Form 1.
- General Ledger Code is for our office use only
- You may choose how the check is distributed – Any Form #1 that does not have a preference will be mailed. Checks that are marked for pick–up will be held for two weeks from issue date. They will be mailed to the address on the check after the two week time period.
- You may choose allocated or funds raised to determine which part of your funds the money should be withdrawn. Any Form #1 that does not have a preference will be withdrawn from Funds Raised.
- You must supply of copy of the invoice if it needs to be sent with the check.
- Checks are available for pick-up on Tuesdays and Fridays after 3:00p.m. Form #1’s received on Fridays and Mondays 8:00a.m. – 3:00p.m. will be available on Tuesdays. Form #1’s received on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 8:00a.m. – 3:00p.m. will be available on Fridays.
- The bank charge for Stop Payment is $40.00. Any organization that requires a stop payment must submit a request in writing. A Stop Payment will incur a $40.00 charge to your account.
If your organization has depleted all the funds deposited with Student Services, Inc., the president/treasurer and advisor to your organization will be notified. No Form #1s will be processed and no funds released until a balance is available in the organization’s account.
Monthly statements will not be provided. You may check all transactions in the Finance section of “Get Involved”. You are encouraged to monitor your account for accuracy and report any discrepancies to the Banking Center in a timely manner.
If you need information about tax exempt status, please stop by the Banking Center.
Contact the Banking Center, extension 7630 if you have any questions.
An organization may request technical operations including, but not limited to: computers, projectors, screens, speakers, etc. Click here for request form.
Any questions or information regarding the SMC should be directed at the SMC Operations Director John Hearn at SMC@millersville.edu or 871-5831.
The Copy Shop offers charge accounts for Student Organizations.
Applications can be picked up in the Copy Shop and must be signed by the organization advisor. These accounts are billed monthly.
Organizations wishing to host trips must provide tickets for the events in order to make them available to the entire student body. Requests for Ticketing options is available on Get Involved. Please adhere to the trips section in the Student Government Association Finance Guidelines for the policies on ticket sales. Please direct all questions to the Ticket Sales Manager Amber Guinther at ext 7600.