Student Voting Resources
REGISTER TO VOTE
To be eligible to vote in Pennsylvania, you must:
- Be a citizen of the United States for at least one month before the next primary, special, municipal, or general election.
- Be a resident of Pennsylvania and the election district in which you want to register and vote for at least 30 days before the next primary, special, municipal, or general election.
- Be at least 18 years of age on or before the day of the next primary, special, municipal, or general election.
You have a choice of which address to use to register to vote:
- You can register and vote where you live while attending college in PA or at your prior home address, provided your family or guardian still reside there.
- If you are registering where you live while attending college in PA, you can use either an on-campus or off-campus address.
- You can only be registered in one place at a time.
Whatever you choose, you have to register to vote at least 15 days before the election.
The next election in Pennsylvania is on November 8th. The last day to register to vote in this election is October 24th.
Look below for more information on voting by mail-in ballot, voting in-person, and tracking your ballot.
“The vote is precious. It is the most powerful non-violent tool we have in a democratic society, and we must use it.”- John Lewis | late civil rights activist and member of the US House of Representatives for Georgia