Laboratory Services

Laboratory Services at MUHS

Many lab tests are available at the Health Services for a minimal charge. Tests require a physician's order, i.e. pregnancy tests, blood tests, cultures, STD tests, Pap test, etc. Some can be done on the premises while others are sent out to a local laboratory. Students are billed directly when not covered by school or their own personal insurance.

The MUHS Laboratory is CLIA certified and is licensed by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Department of Health. The laboratory is enrolled in the American Association of Bioanalysts Proficiency Testing Service.

Services and Fees for In-house Lab



Rapid Strep A Test


Urine Pregnancy Test


Rapid Mono Test


Rapid Flu Test


Blood Sugar (Glucometer)


PPD (TB Skin Test)


Payment for in-house lab services is the student's responsibility. These charges are billed to the student's University account (Max Account/Bursar). MUHS can not bill private insurance. 

Outside Laboratory Services

Other laboratory tests (i.e. CBC, Thyroid Studies, Chemistry Profiles, etc.) are sent to outside laboratories such as Quest Laboratories (1-800-825-7230) or LabCorp (1-800-631-5250). Fees vary per test. The lab used will bill the student or their insurance directly. If outside laboratory tests are ordered, clients should have insurance information available.