Fall 2023 Student Teachers
** Reminder! Turn 'ON' your D2L Notifications and stay up to date through the "Field Services - Student Teachers" D2L site! **
Mark your Calendar - important dates!
CLEARANCE DEADLINE - January 3, 2023
- All clearances must be dated on or after December 10, 2022.
- Visit the Clearance webpage for deadlines and information! Clearance deadlines for student teaching are much earlier than other field experiences.
Student Teaching Application
- Student Teaching Sign-Up form: Completing the Student Teacher Sign-Up form one year in advance will ensure that students expecting to student teach in Fall 2023 are sent the Field Services Student Teaching Application. You must be on Field Services's list to receive the application link. Student Teaching Sign-Up form
- Student Teaching Application: Completing the application is required to transition from Professional Block 2/PDS field experiences into student teaching and to be included on the Field Services Student Teaching D2L site.
Student Teaching Orientation (mandatory)
- Date: Tuesday, April 4, 2023
- Time: To Be Announced
- Location: Online presentation available through the Student Teaching D2L site.
- Attendance: Mandatory!
*The Orientation Presentation will be available on the Fall 2023 Student Teaching D2L site. The presentation is required viewing for all Fall 2023 Student Teachers (including PDS students). Visit the Student Teaching D2L site for more information.
First Day Meeting - student teaching (mandatory)
- Date: Friday, August 18, 2023
- Time: 9:00 am
- Location: To Be Announced
- Attendance: Mandatory!
Attendance is mandatory for all Fall 2023 Student Teachers.
CERTIFICATION INFORMATION SESSION (MANDATORY)
- Date: To Be Announced (This session will be held during the Fall 2023 semester.)
- Attendance: Required - for current student teachers!
This Q & A session is designed for current student teachers and will review the Certification process, timeline and other important information. Student Teachers - Get your questions answered here! Presented by the Department of Field Services Certification Office.
Chalk to Chalkboard Student teaching interview event (mandatory)
- Date: To Be Announced (This event will be held during the Fall 2023 semester.)
- Time: 3:00 pm - 8:00 pm
This event provides an opportunity to interview one-on-one with area administrators. Presented by ELCM. Contact ELCM for more information - more information will be provided when available.
- Student Teaching Absence Form - Instructions and information available on the Student Teaching D2L site.
- Field Services 'Student Teaching' D2L site - Available in Spring semester prior to student teaching. You will be added to this site after your application has been received. Visit often for important information and updates. Turn 'ON' your D2L Notifications to stay informed!
- Guide to Field Experiences
- Fall 2023 Student Teaching Calendar - to come ... will be posted on the Field Services Student Teaching D2L site.
- Student Teaching Personal Liability Insurance Instructions (Fall) - also available on D2L