Fall 2020 Student Teachers
important dates & mandatory meetings
Friday, January 3, 2020
Fall 2020 Student Teaching Intent Packet Due!
tuesday, April 14, 2020
Student Teaching Orientation Meeting (mandatory)
Friday, August 21, 2020*
Student Teaching First Day Meeting (mandatory)
*Due to Covid-19, the First Day Meeting will be held virtually via Zoom. See additional information below.
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 16, 2020
Dean's Seminar on Interviewing (mandatory)
Fall 2020 Student Teaching Intent Packet - DUE JANUARY 3, 2020
All students (including PDS participants) planning to meet their student teaching requirements in the Fall 2020 semester should have received an email with information to complete the Student Teaching Intent Packet. Fall 2020 Student Teaching students must complete the following requirements for the Field Services:
- Complete the Personal Information Form. Link provided in Student Teaching Intent Packet email.
- Update clearances and submit to Field Services as directed in the Fall 2020 Student Teaching Intent Packet email you received. If you did not receive an Intent Packet email, please contact Field Services immediately.
- Obtain and submit proof of personal liability insurance to Field Services. Click here for instructions for obtaining liability insurance.
Questions/concerns/issues? Email Field Services
didn't receive an email regarding the student teaching intent packet?
If you are planning to student teach in Fall 2020 but did not receive an email about completing the Student Teaching Intent Packet complete the following steps:
- Complete an online Yellow Card now by clicking HERE. Email the Administrative Assistant immediately after completing the Yellow Card.
- Follow the instructions in the Intent Packet email that will be sent to you after notifying Field Services of your intent to student teach in the Fall 2020.
Please get into the habit of checking your MyVille email account, and this website, regularly since this is our venue for keeping student teachers updated on current information.
Orientation Meeting - April 14, 2020
Stayer Multipurpose Room @ 6-8pm
All Fall 2020 student teachers received a link to the virtual Student Teaching Orientation. Please review the mandatory presentation and complete the required "Clearance Verification Form" via the link provided in the presentation.
First Day Meeting - August 21, 2020
Stayer Multipurpose Room @ 8am-5pm
Due to Covid-19, the Fall 2020 First Day Meeting for Student Teachers will be held virtually via Zoom. The link will be provided to students via email 1-2 weeks prior to the meeting.
8am - 11am Important Presentations & Pertinent Information
11am - 5pm Meetings with University Supervisors *TBD by Supervisor
Please dress professionally.
Dean's Seminar on Interviewing - October 16, 2020
8:30am - Location TBD
Local Superintendents will be participating. KEEP THE ENTIRE DAY OPEN. Times and locations will be emailed to the students & supervisors approximately 1 week before the event. Students should check their MyVille email account for the meeting agenda.
No absence form is required.
Ready to Apply for Certification?
Please visit the Certification website for more information!