Student Handshake Access
As a student on Handshake, you get a personalized opportunity to:
- Access more than 10,000 jobs and internships currently posted in Millersville’s Handshake platform
- Experience a simple job search with many customizable options to find the right jobs and internships for you
- Save job searches and companies and choose to be notified when new jobs are posted matching your preferences
- Be notified of upcoming job and interview deadlines
- Apply for jobs directly through Handshake with the click of a button
- Connect with hundreds of top employers
- See employer reviews from other students
- Register for job fairs, information sessions, and other recruiting and campus events
- Schedule on-campus appointments and interviews
1. Activate and Customize your Profile
- Go to HANDSHAKE and sign in with your Millersville credentials.
- Complete your Handshake profile or auto-build your profile by uploading your resume.
2. Select your Job Preferences
- Select your desired job interests so that employers know what you are looking for:
- Location (select the places you would like to work in or near)
- Roles (select at least 3 job roles that interest you)
- Job Type (part-time, full-time, internship)
3. Add Experiences
- Add any volunteering, internships, or work that you have completed to your profile.
- Fill out specific courses, skills, and talents that could be relevant to your future career.