How Can Handshake Help You?
There are three ways in which Handshake can benefit faculty/staff:
1. Do you have an on-campus internship opportunity available for undergraduate students?
Do you have an opportunity in your department that aligns with an undergraduate student's major or minor? Do you have a student employee working for your department whose job description may be approved as an internship for academic credit?
By registering your department as an on-campus employer, you will be able to post/edit your positions and review resumes/applications received. The Career Center can also assist you by sending targeted emails to a specific group of students (by major/minor, by class year, etc).
Step-by-step instructions will walk you through how to create an on-campus employer account as a staff/faculty member.
For questions, please contact Patty Taggart at firstname.lastname@example.org or (717) 871-7658.
2. Are you interested in accessing Handshake to facilitate your student's engagement with The Career Center and our employer partners?
By having access to Handshake as a faculty/staff member, you will be able to view:
- Student profiles
- Active employers that are interested in recruiting Millersville students
- Available full-time, internship and part-time opportunities
- Upcoming Programs/Sessions hosted by The Career Center
- Upcoming Job & Internship Fairs/Graduate School Fairs
- Employer Hosted Events
For questions, please contact Shelly Cauthen at email@example.com or (717) 871-7653.
3. Do you need access to Handshake "Experiences" as a faculty member?
As a Department Internship Coordinator, Faculty Supervisor, Department Chair or Dean, if you need access to view requests submitted by undergraduate students for a credit-bearing internship, please contact Patty Taggart, Assistant Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or (717) 871-7658.