Millersville University undergraduate students must meet the following minimum criteria for participating in a credit-bearing internship:
- Be enrolled in a degree program at Millersville University (MU); declared a major and/or minor.
- Transfer and second degree students must successfully complete 12 credits at MU.
- New first-time, undergraduate students must successfully complete at least 24 credits at MU.
- Must be in good academic standing.
- Departments may establish additional GPA, credit, or course prerequisites
- Have approval from the appropriate academic department to participate.
- All credit-bearing internship assignments must be approved by the appropriate College/School dean.
- Graduation may be deferred to complete an academic internship, but students
cannot participate in a credit-bearing internship after graduation.
In 2021-2022, 98% of employer supervisors indicated they would consider hiring their Millersville student intern full-time if the opportunity arose.
Develop essential workplace skills by participating in a credit-bearing internship! Get started by having a conversation with your department internship coordinator about how internship credits will fit into your academic program.
Then log into Handshake with your Millersville credentials and select Career Center - Experiences - Request an Experience - Step 1: Major/Minor Department Approval of Request.