Student Employment On Campus
Working on campus has many benefits
In addition to earning money, making friends, and learning about the University, working on campus can help you build your resume and develop the professional skills important for your future success!
- Work experience is one of the most influential factors employers consider when deciding between two otherwise equally qualified job candidates (National Association of Colleges and Employers, 2021).
- College graduates are almost two times more likely to be engaged in their chosen profession if they had a position in college that allowed them to apply their learned coursework in an employment setting (Gallup-Purdue Index 2015).
Finding a Job on Campus
Clearances and Payroll
MU Student Employees
Over 90% of MU student employees* agree that, as a result of their campus employment experience,
- they have concrete skills and abilities they can talk about with a prospective employer
- they are better able to analyze issues and work effectively within diverse environments
- they would recommend campus employment to other students
- they had positive interactions with their supervisor
- their employment experience was meaningful
*spring 2023 survey of University College student employees