Office: Fulton House, Room 104
Phone: (717) 871-7484
M: 8:00 - 8:50 am | 11:00-11:50 am
W: 8:00 - 8:50 am | 11:00-11:50 am
F: 8:00 - 8:50 am | 11:00-11:50 am
Comments: Spring 2023 semester
SPRING 2023 Course Offerings:
- GOVT 228: Democracy & Its Challenges
- GOVT 251: Introduction to Global Politics (2 sections)
- INTL 201: Introduction to International Studies
- Ph.D., Southern Illinois University
- M.S., Troy University
- M.S., Troy University
- B.S., University of Maryland
Research and Teaching Interests:
- International Politics
- Asian Politics
- Comparative Political Attitudes and Behavior
Owen, David A. 2021. “Attitudinal Differences Across the Urban-Rural Divide in Myanmar.” The Proceedings Publication of the 9th ICADA, 229-239.
Owen, David A. 2020. “Transnationalism in the Southern Mekong Sub-Region: A Study of the Role of Economic Development.” The Proceedings Publication of the 8th ICADA, 124-132.
Owen, David A. 2019. “A Study of Thai Transnationalism across Time.” The Proceedings Publication of the 7th ICADA, 86-94.
Owen, David A. 2018. “An Emerging Transnational Identity in ASEAN: An Empirical Analysis of Regional Attitudes.” The Proceedings Publication of the 6th ICADA, 183-202.
Owen, David A. 2016. “Political Clientelism in Thai Provinces: A Novel Empirical Test.” Asian Journal of Comparative Politics, 1(2), 190-214.
Owen, David A. 2015. “The Impact of Economic Development on Political Interest across Social Classes in China: Turning the Chinese Dream into a Chinese Reality?” Journal of Chinese Political Science, 20(2), 185-202.
Owen, David A. 2014. “Measuring Pro-North Korean Sentiment in South Korea during the Kim Jong-il Era.” Journal of Communist and Post-Communist Studies, 47(2), 171-178.
Owen, David A. 2013. "The Impact of Economic Development on Political Development in Authoritarian States: An Initial Study of Political Interest in Chinese Provinces." Asian Politics and Policy, 5(2), 211-225.
Owen, David A. 2013. "Conceptualizing Vote-Buying as a Process: An Empirical Study in Thai Provinces" Asian Politics and Policy, 5(2), 249-273.
Owen, David A. 2013. "Review of Participation and Empowerment at the Grassroots: Chinese Village Elections in Perspective," by Gunter Schubert and Anna L. Ahlers, Asian Politics and Policy, 5(4), 669-671.
- American Legion
- American Political Science Association
- American Veterans (AMVETS) Life Member
- Armed Forces Communications and Electronics Association International
- Association for Asian Studies
- Association for Asian Studies Southeast Regional Conference
- Cornell Mario Einaudi Center for International Studies: Southeast Asia Program ListServ
- Directory of Japan Specialists (http://japandirectory.socialsciences.hawaii.edu/Assets/Specialists/515232.pdf)
- International Studies Association
- International Studies Association-South
- Mid-Atlantic Region Association for Asian Studies
- Midwest Conference on Asian Affairs
- Midwest Political Science Association
- Northeast Political Science Association
- Pennsylvania Political Science Association
- Southwestern Political Science Association
- Southwestern Social Science Association
- Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW) Life Member
- Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW) Post #7294