Dual-degree & Partnership Applicants

The Office of International Programs & Services collaborates with a variety of international partners to develop and manage dual-degree, joint-degree, and transfer programs, officially known as "Special Academic Programs". These programs offer partner institution students the opportunity to study at Millersville and earn a degree. Students on these programs are typically admitted as a cohort each fall semester, though individual students may apply to start in the fall or spring semester. 

Application deadlines:

Complete the partnership application by completing the following items. Submit all documentation by the deadlines below for guaranteed on-campus housing. Late applicants can be accepted.

Fall Term: April 1st
Spring Term: October 1st


Apply Now

You will need to email the following documents to InternationalAdmissions@millersville.edu or upload the following documents on your application: 

  • University Transcripts (Both English and native language)
  • Copy of Passport Biographical Page
  • Proof of Financial Support (Supporting bank statements or sponsorship letters)
  • Proof of English Proficiency
  • (Graduate Students Only) Personal Goal Statement/Essay: Why are you interested in studying at Millersville University? What are your professional goals?
  • (Graduate Students Only) 3 Letters of Recommendation

    Cohorts of Partner students: Acceptance letters along with immigration paperwork will be mailed directly to the sponsoring organization or the international office of your home university.

    Individual partner students: Acceptance letters will be mailed to the home address you provide on your application.

    Upon acceptance, students will receive a series of emails from office staff regarding all important information prior to arrival, such as:

    • Visa and immigration information
    • Important dates
    • Confirming housing, meal plans, and course registration
    • Millersville email and account information
    • Financial and billing information
    • Health insurance and medical forms
    • Flight and arrival information

    To see semester start and end dates, visit the Millersville University academic calendar.

  • On-Campus Housing & Meal Plans

    Select partner university participants are required to live in on-campus housing during their first term or year, according to the agreement between your university or program and Millersville University. All other students have a choice between on-campus or off-campus housing during application.

    The default for on-campus housing is a Double Occupancy Semi – Suite. This means you will share a bedroom with one student. Two bedrooms make up a “suite,” Each double suite has two bathrooms. 


    All on-campus students will be automatically assigned the Ville 19 Plan, to eat in the dining halls and other locations on campus. Partner students with 30 transfer credits or more, may change their meal plan during International Student Orientation. 

    Each meal plan provides a specific number of on-campus meals per week and additional flexible "Flex" spending money for grab-and-go items coffee. 


  • Off-Campus Housing & Meal Plans

    Students not required by their home university to live on-campus have a choice as to which type of housing you would like to live in according to the agreement between your university or program and Millersville University.

    • If you chose to live ON-Campus, a room will be guaranteed and reserved.
    • If you chose to live OFF-Campus, you are on your own with regards to securing housing with your apartment and no room will be reserved for you in the dormitories.

    Immerse International: Immerse was founded in 1987 to be a multicultural community where international students can thrive in personal relationships, professional development and spiritual formation. They are not part of Millersville University. Click HERE for more information.

    Most rooms are double occupancy. The leases/contracts are for 12 months, but shorter terms can be arranged upon request. 25% of the residents are American students that have expressed interest in making friendships with international students. Utilities, WiFi, Cable TV, and meals/self-service food is included.

    Student Lodging Inc.: This company is an off-campus housing provider many Millersville students use. SLI strives to give students more freedom than residence hall living, but keep the safety and security as close as possible to the standards on-campus. Their properties are all within a close proximity of MU. Click HERE for more information.

    Other Options: There are a number of shared local apartments; many are in walking distance to MU’s campus. If you decide that you wish to live in an apartment, you will be solely responsible for contacting your landlord, arranging your deposit payment which will be due before you arrive in the US, your check-in day, obtaining furniture, finding roommates, etc.

    *Keep in mind that these apartments are all unfurnished so you would be responsible for purchasing and transporting furniture once you arrive.

    If you live at Immerse International, food items are provided in the student kitchen for self-service meals.

    If you are in an apartment you will be responsible for cooking meals on your own. There is a John Herr’s grocery store within a 20 minute walk or a 5 minute bus ride. There is also a Weis grocery store within a 10 minute bus ride.

  • Local Transportation

    International students can use the Red Rose Transit Authority (RRTA) to access local buses. MU students may access the MU Xpress, MU Park City Xpress and Route 16 at no charge by showing their student ID cards, which students receive during International Student Orientation. It is important to know that there can often be delays for bus routes in the United States so be sure to leave a bit early.

    Note: These bus routes are only active during the fall and spring academic terms, and are generally not provided during holidays.

    MU students who would like to travel to other locations on RRTA's buses will need to transfer bus lines. Students can show their student ID cards for the base fare on Route 16 and MU Park City Xpress and ask the driver for a transfer slip. When you transfer to another bus, give the driver the transfer slip and additional money.

    There is an Amtrak train station in Lancaster city, about 10-15 minutes from campus. The Lancaster station is connected to the Philadelphia station. From the Philadelphia station, students can access, New York City, Baltimore, and Washington D.C.

    Students can use Uber, Lyft, or other local taxi services. Many of these require the use of a smart phone and require downloading a phone application.