ARRIVING INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS - NEXT STEPS
PREPARING FOR YOUR MILLERSVILLE UNIVERSITY EXPERIENCE
The Office of International Programs and Services is here to help you prepare for a successful transition to the U.S. and university life. This includes helping you understand and secure the necessary documentation you and your family members will need to enter the U.S as an international student and maintain your status once you have arrived. Please contact the office with any additional questions at International.Services@Millersville.edu.
WHAT TO DO BEFORE YOU ARRIVE:
STEP 1: CONFIRM ADMISSIONS
Accept your offer of admission by contacting the appropriate admission office:
- English Language Institute (ELI) students: International@Millersville.edu
- Graduate Students: Graduate.Admissions@Millersville.edu, also complete the Graduate Admissions Response Form.
- Undergraduate students: Admissions@Millersville.edu
STEP 2: PAY SEVIS FEE or SEVIS TRANSFER
- Immigration documents (I-20 or DS-2019) are included in the admission welcome packet mailed to admitted students. Double-check the documents for any errors.
- Pay the REQUIRED SEVIS Fee online at fmjfee.com.
- Students already in the U.S. on a student visa should complete the Transfer In Form with their current immigration officer and email it to International@Millersville.edu to start the process of transferring their SEVIS record.
STEP 3: SCHEDULE VISA APPOINTMENT AND PREPARE FOR A SUCCESSFUL VISA INTERVIEW
- Complete Form DS-160.
- Schedule an appointment at a U.S. Consulate or Embassy to apply for the F-1 or J-1 student visa. You can look up your local embassy or consulate online. Visit state.gov for more information on applying for a visa.
- Wait times for visa appointments can differ. The Travel.State.Gov website allows you to check wait times for your local embassy or consulate online.
- Notify IPS with your visa appointment date.
- Review the visa appointment Practice Questions.
- Read NAFSA’s 10 Points to Remember When Applying for a Nonimmigrant Visa.
- Bring your SEVIS fee receipt, Millersville University admission letter, official bank statements, I-20 or DS-2019 Form, and passport with you to this appointment.
STEP 4: ACCESS MU ACCOUNTS
If you are in the U.S.:
- To set up your MU account, go to https://myaccount.millersville.edu
- Choose the First time Account Setup and follow the instructions provided and make sure to write down all usernames and passwords.
- Upon the first login, you will need to set up authentication. You will see a page that says, "More Information." This is where you will put in your text number and off-campus personal email address. MU IT recommends using the phone application called Microsoft Authenticator to authenticate. If you see an option to use the application, IT recommends you follow the instructions provided.
If you are outside the U.S.:
- To set up your MU account, go to https://myaccount.millersville.edu
- Select "Forgot Password"
- Enter your MU email address
- Verify your account with your personal email address that you used when you applied.
- Then set up a password for your account.
- Once you are able to access your account, you may upload a picture online for your student ID card. You can learn how and other information about using your student ID card here.
- If you have any issues in the process, please contact MU IT Services at Help.Desk@millersville.edu where someone will assist you.
STEP 5: CHOOSE HOUSING
- Millersville University freshman and any degree-seeking student with fewer than 60 credits must live on campus. Read about on-campus housing here.
- The Office of International Programs and Services will work with exchange students regarding their specific housing option(s).
- Information on exceptions to the on-campus housing requirement can be found on the MU Housing website.
- If you are approved to live off-campus refer to the off-campus housing options.
- Complete this form to confirm your housing choice.
STEP 6: SUBMIT HEALTH EVALUATION FORM TO HEALTH SERVICES
- The Health Evaluation Form is required of all students attending Millersville University. Find additional instructions for completing the form HERE.
- Students will not be permitted to attend classes at MU or live in university arranged housing without completing them.
- All forms must be completed in English or be submitted with a certified translation.
- Completed forms should be sent to Millersville University Health Services (email@example.com), as is outlined in the packet.
STEP 7: PURCHASE HEALTH INSURANCE
- All Millersville students are required to have health insurance.
- Access the Health Insurance Form for insurance requirements. You will see more information about our recommended health insurance provider, ISO insurance. If you choose a different provider, you will have to complete a waiver and submit the necessary documents to prove you are insured.
- International student athletes and students participating in intramural or club sports must purchase an insurance plan that covers these activities.
- Insurance coverage start date should be your arrival date in the U.S., or the start of orientation if you currently live in the U.S.
- Read more about health and wellness while at Millersville.
STEP 8: FIND YOUR ACADEMIC ADVISOR AND REGISTRATION
- Students can find their academic adviser via their MAX account. IPS will send you more detailed instructions on this through email.
- Transfer students will create their own schedules and can refer to these instructions for guidance in registering.
STEP 9: PAY MU BILL
- Students should pay their bill in full before arriving to Millersville.
- Payment options can be found on the Office of Student Accounts website.
- Most international students use the Flywire:PeerTransfer payment option or pay online through the MyVille account.
STEP 10: COMPLETE CHECK-IN AND ARRIVAL FORM
- Let us know when you plan to check-in with IPS before the start of orientation by completing the Arrival Form.
- Check the orientation website to monitor important arrival dates and information, plan accordingly
- Access your MyGlobalMU Portal to upload your immigration documents.
STEP 11: PREPARE FOR INTERNATIONAL ORIENTATION
- Participation in International Student Orientation is a mandatory visa requirement.
- All students should complete the online orientation for a first introduction to Millersville by January 1 (spring start) August 1 (fall start). Online orientation does not replace taking part in on-campus orientation before the start of the semester.
We look forward to meeting you soon!
To enter the U.S., you will need the following documents:
- Millersville University I-20 Form for F-1 students or DS-2019 Form for J-1 students
- A valid F-1/J-1 visa* (the visa sticker in your passport) issued by the U.S. embassy/consulate in your country of origin
- A valid passport
- Your SEVIS fee receipt
- A letter of admission from Millersville University
* Canadian citizens do not have a visa sticker in their passports.
ENTERING THE U.S. AND THE I-94 FORM
Please be advised that you may not enter the U.S. more than 30 days prior to the start date listed in section 5 on your I-20 or on your DS-2019.
The United States Customs and Border Protection tracks your proof of legal visitor status to the U.S. and recent travel history. This information is saved through your I-94 number/record. It is advised that you keep a copy of your most recent I-94 record after each entry to the U.S., which you can find on the I-94 website. Select “Get Most Recent I-94" to access your record.
DEPARTING AND RE-ENTERING THE UNITED STATES
When you re-enter the United States, you should expect more thorough screening procedures at airports and other ports of entry. Your identity and the validity of your visa and immigration document I-20 or DS-2019 will be checked against U.S. law enforcement databases.
You may also be subject to in-depth questioning about your immigration status, travel history, the purpose of your visit, background, and other issues, and potentially inspection of personal belongings and luggage, photocopying of documents, etc. You can potentially be delayed by a “secondary inspection” if you do not have proper documents, had some previous immigration problem or error, or simply fall under certain criteria or circumstance.
QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR IMMIGRATION REQUIREMENTS?
If you have specific questions regarding the entry process for international students please contact International.Services@Millersville.edu.