Department of Mathematics
Mathematics at Millersville University
Check out what mathematics looks like at Millersville University!
- Careers in Mathematics Conference - Saturday, October 28, 2023
- Mathematical Association of America - EPaDel Region
- 8:45 AM - 3:40 PM Panel discussions and break-out sessions with leading professionals in actuarial work, finance, statistics, government, education and career services.
- Math Placement Testing - If you missed taking a math placement test during your orientation session or need to retake a placement test, please review the information on the Mathematics Placement page.
- BST tests must be retaken in person.
- MPT tests need to be retaken online on ALEKS.
- Math Assistance Center (MAC) in Wickersham Hall room 100 will open Mondays 10 AM - 5 PM, Tuesdays 9 AM - 1 PM and 2 - PM, Wednesdays 10 AM - 1 PM and 2 - 4 PM, Thursdays 9 AM - 1 PM and 2 - 7 PM, and Fridays 10 AM - 1 PM.
- Annual High School Math Contest will be held on Wednesday, February 28, 2024. Contact the math department as firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
The Department of Mathematics provides programs of the highest quality leading to bachelor's degrees in mathematics and secondary mathematics education and master’s degrees in secondary mathematics education. The department has a strong commitment to excellence in teaching and offers a wide range of courses in pure and applied mathematics, statistics and mathematics education.
We focus on preparing our students for careers or graduate study in mathematical fields, including secondary mathematics teaching, pure mathematics, applied mathematics, statistics and actuarial science. We also serve the broader university community by providing a full range of introductory through advanced mathematics courses supporting students at all levels and with all majors.
With generous endowments and support from alumni and friends, the Mathematics Department offers several significant scholarships each year to incoming freshmen. Any student who applies to MU as a mathematics major will be automatically considered for one of our scholarships, based on academic merit. Students are welcome to submit additional supporting materials such as a personal statement and a list of extracurricular activities. For more details, see Departmental Scholarships.
- Please note that if you're trying to register for a math course but the section you want is closed, the individual instructors are not permitted to give overrides for math courses. Please register for the waitlist for a course to make your request known. Then you must keep an eye on your email for notification from the registrar's office if a space opens up as you only have 24 hours from the time the email is SENT to register for the course or the seat will be offered to someone else.
Wickersham Hall, Room 208
Monday - Friday: 7:30am - 4:00pm
Department of Mathematics
P.O. Box 1002
Millersville, PA 17551-0302
Some math courses require the purchase of a graphing calculator. The department supports the TI 83, 84, 85, and 86. Students should be aware that instructors may not be able to help them operate other calculators, and that other calculators may not contain the functions necessary to perform course work.
Some instructors may, at certain times, prohibit the use of calculators with symbolic mathematics capabilities such as the TI-89 or TI-92, even though ordinary graphing calculators are allowed. Students who purchase calculators with symbolic capabilities should be prepared to deal with these restrictions.
If you have any questions, please contact your instructor.